There are newer employer reviews for Agate Software

Good as a learning grounds, but I'm dissatisfied with the perks or appreciation I receive for having done a good job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Agate Software

Pros

Good for a learning ground for beginners straight out of college. Being a small company gives you a lot of growth opportunities personally.

Cons

Does not provide enough appreciation for the good job performed. The work style at Agate reminds me a little of when I was back in school with strict rules and times that I need to be at work.

Agate Software Response

Oct 16, 2014Human Resources Manager

Agate Software has grown some since this post, both in size and organization structure. Under our current structure with 5-6 people assigned to a Team Leader and Team Leaders reporting to the ... More

8 Other Employee Reviews for Agate Software (View Most Recent)

Not Impressed

I worked at Agate Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It’s a good place to get a year or two of experience and move on.

Cons

It’s run very much like manufacturing type of company. Management doesn’t respect its employee’s and tells people they are all “replaceable”. Be at work before 8am and must stay until 5pm, no exception. Must work 45 hours a week. Overall, just not very impressed with the management and how they treat employees. I’ve never seen a company with such little management experience and so disconnected trying to run a company. For the people that are still there, I hope the company doesn’t fail, but the direction they are going it’s hard to say. There really aren’t many good things to say about company and a lot of things the company could do better. It's not a company to stay at for more than a year or two.

You need to learn how to treat employees better. People will continue to leave if you can't figure this out and be competitive in the market.

Agate Software Response

Oct 16, 2014Human Resources Manager

Most likely this former employee would not say it's run like a Manufacturing job today. But let's be honest, we are manufacturing a product (a software) but it's still a product and we have to ... More

Exceptional

Current Employee - Programmer in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - Programmer in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Agate Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at this company for over 5 years and have been given opportunities that other companies can't provide. I'm able to make a difference and contribute to the company's success. I get to directly interact with clients and help them achieve their goals. I'm not just a face in the crowd. Work ethic is highly valued! People who legitimately try, see first hand what impact they have. I also get to help solve problems instead of handing them off to someone else and have them take all the credit.

Cons

Like all work places you get coworkers that complain. The bad ones try to bring the rest of us down with their selfish agendas. But when you pay attention to what they say and their motivation behind it, they really just care about themselves and not the company as a whole. Their just not good team players.

Thanks for all the extras that you do, it makes this a fun place to work. Also, it helps us know you appreciate what we do.

There are newer employer reviews for Agate Software