There are newer employer reviews for Agfa Healthcare

Good company. 1970's "information hoarding" mentality by mid-level managers from Dupont days.

Former Employee - Product Manager in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Product Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Understanding managers. Support for work/home balance.

Cons

1970's "information hoarding" mentality by mid-level managers from Dupont days.

Cadre of old Dupont mid-level managers have goal just to survive for the sake of their pension plan. They make commitments in a vacuum and look to pass work on to others as much as possible. Goals aren't embraced but approached as just a check-off item. They do not strive to excel and grow business through innovative thinking.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Agfa Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Good experience

Former Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I have only worked here as a co-op student, so my opinion should have little value to the general audience. Laid-back workplace and most employees are friendly and helpful. Albeit being a co-op student, I still feel that I am valued on the team.

Cons

It seems that the development teams are never up-to-speed with what the upper management wants (though I guess that would be true for most companies). The starting weeks are extremely slow and can be boring.

Good People at lower level, bad direction/management

Current Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most people I work with at the lower level are great and are very talented. I really enjoy interacting with them. There are a few odd ones, or corporate climbers, but not that many.

Cons

Mid and upper management politics and a half. Decisions are made based on someone's ego and not based on where the company should head.
    Good people keep leaving.
    Struggles financially, cuts corners resulting in making things worse.
    Good luck getting a pay raise or one that is more than inflation.

I'd say "good luck" but that won't do the trick. You now need a miracle, and you need to fire yourself and bring in selfless (not selfish) leaders.

I think that the guy at the top knows what he is doing, but too many people below him are sub-par and/or an opportunist.

There are newer employer reviews for Agfa Healthcare