Aggreko

www.aggreko.com
  www.aggreko.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aggreko

Loved the company but management ran me out the door

I worked at Aggreko full-time

Pros

Great benefits, opportunity for travel, continuous growth, provides a great service

Cons

North America - Upper management refuses to address poor performing middle management. Continous loss of their most important asset - talent. Many very talented and bright people have left the company due to executive managment failing to address ineffective middle managers. The believe is that these managers have been there 15 yrs or more and are basically untouchable. The staff can be divided in two - Long timers and short timers. Not many fall into the middle.

Time to address some of your "tenured" management

23 Other Employee Reviews for Aggreko (View Most Recent)

Fast Paced, challenging environment

I have been working at Aggreko full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone is willing to push ahead to achieve the goals. A can do mentality for large projects. Possibility to relocate to many countries.

Cons

High workload, ethos of work all out can be draining. Not as family friendly in some regions work life balance needs to be managed by individuals or you can work too much.

Consider how your employees can get a better balance of work and home life.

Well set-up and innovative BI system

Former Employee - BI Developer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - BI Developer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Aggreko as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked briefly on projects within the Business Intelligence system. The system is well set up, with a lot of attention paid to technical coherence and system stability. It's very clear what the constraints are within which development takes place in this system. I was a contractor, but some permanent colleagues were working on innovative projects including integrating of map data.

Cons

The flipside of the level of attention paid to system stability and release process is invevitably that the processes could sometimes feel a bit burdensome. This is still preferable to an uncontrolled environment with constant firefighting and chaos. There were some problems involving team members located in far-distant timezones, which sometimes made communication difficult. The hours of work (8-4) are not my favourites hours of the day!

There are newer employer reviews for Aggreko