Agilent Technologies

www.agilent.com

Interesting work, super-smart coworkers, positive work environment

R&D Scientist (Current Employee) Santa Rosa, CA

ProsWonderful work environment! My coworkers are very talented, dedicated, and nice to work with. Numerous people who have left for other companies (family reasons, higher pay, etc) have called back and remarked that they didn't realize how good they had it at Agilent. Work-life balance is superior to most companies, collegiality is high, and work is interesting.
Lastly, if one shows ambition to expand one's horizons, it is rewarded in our group.

ConsThe only con is that some companies have higher salaries. Agilent's salaries aren't poor by any means, but if you are looking for absolute top dollar it will be found elsewhere (though usually at companies that will require you to sell your soul to them).

Advice to Senior ManagementAgilent did well coming out of the last downturn by keeping our eyes on longer term growth projects - keep doing that... continue avoiding the temptation to optimize for the current quarter.

World class company, especially the people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies

Pros: Agilent has stood the test of time as a technology company that was started by Bill & Dave in the 1930's. And the reason for… Cons: Being a global multinational firm, many roles like mine require some pretty crazy… Advice to Senior Management: While pursuing growth in emerging markets, don't forget about the core geographies… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Agilent is a stable, family friendly workplace filled with really smart people.

R&D Scientist (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies

Pros: Making "measurement tools" and instruments may sound boring, but actually Agilent is a scientifically challenging and fascinating place to work. In my experience, many… Cons: It can be difficult to understand some of what Agilent makes or who the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Agilent Technologies.

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!