Agilent Technologies

www.agilent.com
  www.agilent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

Interesting work, super-smart coworkers, positive work environment

Current Employee - R&D Scientist in Santa Rosa, CA
Current Employee - R&D Scientist in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies

Pros

Wonderful work environment! My coworkers are very talented, dedicated, and nice to work with. Numerous people who have left for other companies (family reasons, higher pay, etc) have called back and remarked that they didn't realize how good they had it at Agilent. Work-life balance is superior to most companies, collegiality is high, and work is interesting.
Lastly, if one shows ambition to expand one's horizons, it is rewarded in our group.

Cons

The only con is that some companies have higher salaries. Agilent's salaries aren't poor by any means, but if you are looking for absolute top dollar it will be found elsewhere (though usually at companies that will require you to sell your soul to them).

Agilent did well coming out of the last downturn by keeping our eyes on longer term growth projects - keep doing that... continue avoiding the temptation to optimize for the current quarter.

565 Other Employee Reviews for Agilent Technologies (View Most Recent)

World class company, especially the people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies

Pros

Agilent has stood the test of time as a technology company that was started by Bill & Dave in the 1930's. And the reason for this longevity is the quality of the people. From the production line to the engineers to the management team, Agilent is special because of its incredibly sharp, innovative and team-oriented staff around the world.

Cons

Being a global multinational firm, many roles like mine require some pretty crazy hours in order to connect with peers in time zones around the globe.

While pursuing growth in emerging markets, don't forget about the core geographies with its aging employee demographics. Be more aggressive with university recruiting.

Agilent is a stable, family friendly workplace filled with really smart people.

Current Employee - R&D Scientist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - R&D Scientist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies

Pros

Making "measurement tools" and instruments may sound boring, but actually Agilent is a scientifically challenging and fascinating place to work. In my experience, many people (including the CEO) do practice the old "HP Way." They show respect for employees, allow significant independence and flexible schedules (I'm home by 5 every day), and compensation is generous. And unlike many other tech companies, Agilent actually demonstrates corporate citizenship by donating to many charities, sponsoring science education programs, and reducing environmental impact by installing solar and recycling. And all of these benefits (to employees, customers, and communities) are done while making a stable profit. I think Hewlett and Packard would be proud.

Cons

It can be difficult to understand some of what Agilent makes or who the customers are, and it's not that "sexy." Most people have not heard of Agilent.

There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies