There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

Agilent is an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Firmware Development Engineer in Santa Rosa, CA
Current Employee - Firmware Development Engineer in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Agilent believes strongly in work/life balance. They generally pay a little less than their competitors, but they respect and value their employees and their families. The work environment is much less stressful than the competition. It's very easy to change projects and even job functions within the company. People are free to move between marketing, planning, manufacturing, R&D, etc and learn along the way. Professional and personal development are highly encouraged for all employees, even if beyond the scope of your current job function. Agilent believes in supporting the local community, regularly sponsoring local chapters of Young Professionals Network, Active 20-30, United Way, and many smaller charities.

Cons

Lower pay and more expensive benefits than a lot of competitors. There are lots of options for benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, etc) to help mitigate the costs, and the company still pays a big chunk of the cost for you, but full coverage for employee + family can still run over $300/mo.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and the great environment!

Other Employee Reviews for Agilent Technologies

It's a good company.

Current Employee - Lead Technician in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Technician in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed working for Agilent over the past 12+ years. You can pretty much make your career what you want it to be with hard work and dedication. I feel good about my future in the company and believe that I can continue to advance my career.

Cons

Company is to focused on stock price and there is little to show for it in this market we live in. The old timers should be retiring and not being lifers. I mean working into late 60's and 70's. Healthcare choices are to expensive.

Advice to Management

Work on the cons.

2. Great people - exceptional learning experience.

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Loveland, CO

I worked at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very open to ideas, people willing to offer help, forsters an environment of learning, very good at recognising great work.

Cons

Sometimes slow on seizing opportunities, likes to keep culture perception in min before making in-popular choices.

Advice to Management

You have all the right people to make you successful, my only feedback be a little less risk averse. Look towards expanding your product portfolio.