There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

Technically challenging, skilled colleagues, poor compensation structure

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Design Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As an engineer, Agilent allows you to work on some of the most advanced development projects in the world. The focus on product quality is of primary importance to all levels of management.

The retirement and 401(k) programs are generous.

Cons

The Individual Performance Bonus program is a good concept but poorly applied. If you don’t work in the right group on the right projects, you will not receive a bonus no matter how innovative or proactive you are.

The IPB program is 100% opaque and shows a lot of favoritism. As currently applied, it is counterproductive and generating a lot of dissatisfaction in the engineering community. I suggest you create a reporting system similar to the annual management review reports and flatten the bonus structure.

545 Other Employee Reviews for Agilent Technologies (View Most Recent)

Awesome Company

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Agilent Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Clear management by objectives, invests in its people.

Cons

I thought it was awesome.

Welcoming attitude and a very open company culture

Former Employee - Marketing Engineering Intern in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Engineering Intern in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Agilent Technologies as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, I was always treated as though I had something to offer and that the work I was doing was valuable for the company. The internship coordinators made an effort to familiarize us with the company culture, business areas, and corporate structure by scheduling conferences with managers and tours of the facilities in both Santa Rosa and the headquarters in Santa Clara. We even had the CEO Bill Sullivan himself graced us with his presents. This in particular made a lasting impression on me of how much the company values their employees.

I got the impression that career advancement is readily attainable at Agilent. Over the three months I was there, I was introduced to dozens of people that had worked there for decades. I was told that employees are somewhat free to pursue different directions within their departments to find the best match for employment.

Cons

I cannot think of much in the way of cons. My only dislikes are the result of a mismatch between myself and the position I worked, which is not the fault of the company.

Great internship program. If not for discovering that my field of interest lies in an area that Agilent doesn't do business in, I probably could find no reason for not deciding to work there.

There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies