Agilent Technologies

www.agilent.com
  www.agilent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

Good company but poor leadership in some areas

I worked at Agilent Technologies full-time

Pros

Decent salary, good benefits, and some amazing co-workers

Cons

They preach respect, but senior leadership fails to respect their employees. There are some significant leadership issues on Chemical Analysis side of the company and Sr. level managers seem to be held to a lesser standard than individual contributors, and somehow get away with much more than should be acceptable in a professional environment

567 Other Employee Reviews for Agilent Technologies (View Most Recent)

Welcoming attitude and a very open company culture

Former Employee - Marketing Engineering Intern in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Engineering Intern in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Agilent Technologies as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, I was always treated as though I had something to offer and that the work I was doing was valuable for the company. The internship coordinators made an effort to familiarize us with the company culture, business areas, and corporate structure by scheduling conferences with managers and tours of the facilities in both Santa Rosa and the headquarters in Santa Clara. We even had the CEO Bill Sullivan himself graced us with his presents. This in particular made a lasting impression on me of how much the company values their employees.

I got the impression that career advancement is readily attainable at Agilent. Over the three months I was there, I was introduced to dozens of people that had worked there for decades. I was told that employees are somewhat free to pursue different directions within their departments to find the best match for employment.

Cons

I cannot think of much in the way of cons. My only dislikes are the result of a mismatch between myself and the position I worked, which is not the fault of the company.

Great internship program. If not for discovering that my field of interest lies in an area that Agilent doesn't do business in, I probably could find no reason for not deciding to work there.

A laid back culture and great people makes for a nice work environment.

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is very relaxed and easy-going. Agilent offers great options to balance your work and home life and the people here have been nothing but great to work with.

Cons

Being a large company, it is hard sometimes to juggle resources that are spread out all over the world. The politics surrounding a large corporation like this can make life difficult at times but that would be true of almost any large organization in the biotech industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies