There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

It seems like a great place to work. Unfortunately, I didn't have that experience

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA
Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Agilent Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The working environment was great here. Everyone was friendly and could answer your questions easily. Most of the people I worked with were very knowledgeable in their respective fields.

Cons

My assigned project did not have much relevance to my field of study. I'm more of a hardware person and they had me doing software. On top of that, most of my project was not that difficult to do. It was a lot of copying and pasting. Worst part of my project was to accomplish some impossible tasks in the software. My mentor already tried and knew that it wouldn't work and they had me try it as well. Also, somehow I was stuck with doing some temperature testing of their products when I don't think I was supposed to. My mentor was also MIA a lot of the times so it made asking questions a little harder. At the end of each internship, each intern in the company has to make a presentation to the whole division. Since my project was simple, it made it fairly difficult to present any real meat. In essence, I don't feel like my job position was outlined that clearly and I don't think I learned as much technical knowledge as I could have for future roles.

Advice to Management

It's best to keep groups or divisions working within close proximity of each other. I was in one group on paper because that group had the funds to hire that many interns, but I was working in another. It made things more complicated on my end.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A true engineer's company with a lot of residual HP culture.

Former Intern - Hardware Reliability Test Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Intern - Hardware Reliability Test Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Agilent Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment at Agilent is fantastic: employees are passionate, yet humble about what they do and there is no sense of internal competition (that's all directed at Tektronix). Management is also very flat and you would never guess that the who the vice president is, because he may be in the cubicle adjacent to yours. As an intern, I did not experience this, but I was informed and could surmise that salary raises were based upon merit and value to the company, and regardless of whether you stay technical or transition to management. Employees also go very much out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Cons

Not much. There weren't too many recent college grads at this particular office. The average employee age was still fairly young, but if you're a recent grad or intern there won't be too many people your age. However, this probably means people enjoy working there and don't want to leave.

2. Sales Administrator

Current Employee - Sales Administrative in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong on the values, diversity and culture. Pleasant place to work.

Cons

slow to advance with the company...