Agilent Technologies

www.agilent.com
  www.agilent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

It seems like a great place to work. Unfortunately, I didn't have that experience

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Agilent Technologies as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The working environment was great here. Everyone was friendly and could answer your questions easily. Most of the people I worked with were very knowledgeable in their respective fields.

Cons

My assigned project did not have much relevance to my field of study. I'm more of a hardware person and they had me doing software. On top of that, most of my project was not that difficult to do. It was a lot of copying and pasting. Worst part of my project was to accomplish some impossible tasks in the software. My mentor already tried and knew that it wouldn't work and they had me try it as well. Also, somehow I was stuck with doing some temperature testing of their products when I don't think I was supposed to. My mentor was also MIA a lot of the times so it made asking questions a little harder. At the end of each internship, each intern in the company has to make a presentation to the whole division. Since my project was simple, it made it fairly difficult to present any real meat. In essence, I don't feel like my job position was outlined that clearly and I don't think I learned as much technical knowledge as I could have for future roles.

It's best to keep groups or divisions working within close proximity of each other. I was in one group on paper because that group had the funds to hire that many interns, but I was working in another. It made things more complicated on my end.

564 Other Employee Reviews for Agilent Technologies (View Most Recent)

Flexible yet systematic large US for profit corporation

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time

Pros

Flexibility with work and life balance. Compassionate management. Interesting and leading edge technology. Industry leader in wireless, aerospace and defense, life science technology and chemical analysis.

Cons

Few advancement and development opportunities. Finance leading business decisions. Reactive to today's business climate. Short term only business goals. Organizational dysfunction.

Employee development needs attention

Great place to work, with room for advancement

Former Employee - IT Project Manager
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager

I worked at Agilent Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Friendly, helpful colleagues.
     - Room for advancement (for the motivated)
     - International / Cross Culture workforce allows insight into other working environments around the globe.

Cons

Should you find yourself moving up the ranks to be on a global team, expect long workdays, starting early to meet with India /Europe, and late, to work with Asia / india. Pay increments for those in the US once they meet 'average' only come if you are a top 10% employee.

Continue to focus on employee development.

There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies