There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

Agilent: A company with many good employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Agilent Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competent and hard working colleagues. Access to best technologies.

Cons

No pay raises. The upper management is not very efficient.

534 Other Employee Reviews for Agilent Technologies (View Most Recent)

After 13 years of stellar performance, I was brutally laid off

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Up until I was laid off, it was the the best job of my 40 year career. The technology is great and they are doing very interesting things. Most of the rank and file engineers are very smart and great to work with.

Cons

The company was just split into the medical ("Life Sciences') and electronics ("Electronics Measurement Group"). The Life Sciences company will keep the Agilent name and who knows what the Electronics Company will be called. I was a master level level electronics engineer who's contributions were in almost all of the microwave and RF products. The "HP" way is so dead and gone.

Way too much corporate BS. Only thing that you care about is the ROIC to line your own pockets. There are some very evil and incompetent mangers who don't have the skills to work in a high technology company.

A true engineer's company with a lot of residual HP culture.

Former Employee - Hardware Reliability Test Engineer  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Hardware Reliability Test Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Agilent Technologies as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The work environment at Agilent is fantastic: employees are passionate, yet humble about what they do and there is no sense of internal competition (that's all directed at Tektronix). Management is also very flat and you would never guess that the who the vice president is, because he may be in the cubicle adjacent to yours. As an intern, I did not experience this, but I was informed and could surmise that salary raises were based upon merit and value to the company, and regardless of whether you stay technical or transition to management. Employees also go very much out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Cons

Not much. There weren't too many recent college grads at this particular office. The average employee age was still fairly young, but if you're a recent grad or intern there won't be too many people your age. However, this probably means people enjoy working there and don't want to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!