There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

Relaxed environment and reasonably stable job

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Rosa, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an established company to work for. With much of the HP culture that was inherited, employees are trusted and held accountable. Work-life balance is highly respected. Management is honest and friendly (as much as one can expect from management). Job stress is usually little.

Cons

Lacks in diversity: In Santa Rosa it is predominantly white and male, especially in engineering roles. The population has been aging for a while (if you are under 50 you are considered young!). New hires are coming in at a slow pace. On the plus side, the aging population carries a vast amount of knowledge and experience. promotion is slow.

Advice to Management

Get to know your individual contributors.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. After 13 years of stellar performance, I was brutally laid off

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Up until I was laid off, it was the the best job of my 40 year career. The technology is great and they are doing very interesting things. Most of the rank and file engineers are very smart and great to work with.

Cons

The company was just split into the medical ("Life Sciences') and electronics ("Electronics Measurement Group"). The Life Sciences company will keep the Agilent name and who knows what the Electronics Company will be called. I was a master level level electronics engineer who's contributions were in almost all of the microwave and RF products. The "HP" way is so dead and gone.

Advice to Management

Way too much corporate BS. Only thing that you care about is the ROIC to line your own pockets. There are some very evil and incompetent mangers who don't have the skills to work in a high technology company.

2. Great people, rich culture.

Current Employee - Customer BI in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Customer BI in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People working here are very knowledgeable and ready to help, very friendly and comfort working environment. The new employee training is very systematic and can cover almost all aspects. Very supportive for self-development.

Cons

Really don't see much that I don't like here. One thing is the average age of the employees is a little higher than other companies, especially small companies or start-ups, so if looking for a place to have lots of "fun" with your colleagues, probably this is not the right one.