Agilex Technologies

www.agilex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Agilex Technologies

Very impressed with the course Agilex has taken over the last few years!

Current Employee - Senior-Level Consultant in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Senior-Level Consultant in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Agilex Technologies as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Full disclosure, I am in my first year with the company. That said, I have known of Agilex for years dating back to the company's inception in '05. I knew the word on the street back then relative to some organizational and management issues which culminated in a high percentage of voluntary resignations within employees' first year with the company. That was not lost on upper-management and I can see firsthand that those issues are changing for the better! It's easily forgotten that while Agilex is a $500 million dollar organization and Government contractor of the year for '10, '11 and '12, this is still only 5 year old company. I have been around the block with several of the heavy-hitters in the government contracting world and I am finding Agilex Technologies to be a well-lead, nimble, lean and fiscally responsible outfit with seemingly limitless potential. I'm not just happy to be here, rather, I do feel very fortunate to be here.

Cons

Only one foosball table in the 3rd floor lounge area. But in all seriousness, I have been sitting here for 3 minutes trying to think of a 'con'.

Encourage more cross-sector communication. I know that's a priority right now already but I think that would offer opportunities to increase efficiency. Other than that, just keep doin' what you're doin'.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Agilex Technologies (View Most Recent)

This place is a disaster

Former Employee - Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Agilex Technologies

Pros

Pay was pretty good there

Cons

Stay away from Agilex. It is a do-nothing company that does exactly that. All their engineers quit after a year 'cause they sat around doing nothing. The "manager" never talked to his people; never delegated, he looked down at his feet when he passed you in the hall. A number of recruiters have asked me "Why is there so much turnover at Agilex?" Answer, it sucks.

Get out now before it's too late

Success Begets Success

Current Employee - Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Agilex Technologies

Pros

Agilex is the 3rd startup formed by the late Bob LaRose. Both prior companies were built to be sold and thus were doing the financials as if it were a public company not an employee owned business. This was their most successful startup and many of the upper management from the previous startups dropped everything to joined Agilex when word got out that Mr. LaRose was building a new company.

The company started by building and furnishing a building for their headquarters that could sustain the growth they expected. And the company's growth exceeded even their expectations. The man that started the healthcare business at the previous startup joined and customers followed. They have continues to exceed the expectations of their customers and continue to break into new markets. Successful people want to join a successful business and they have continued to attract top talent.

Current succeses:
    2011 Greater Washington Government Contractor of the Year ($25-75M Category)
    2011 National Capital Business Ethics Award Winner (Medium Company Category)
    2010 Washington Business Journal's Fastest Growing Company
    2010 Northern Virginia Technology Council's Hottest Emerging Government Contractor

Agilex is the hottest contractor in one of the hottest regions of the country.

Cons

Anytime there is fantastic growth there is potential for problems. Problems with hiring people that are not up to the task. This has happened and is most troubling in middle management. Upper management was chosen based on success in prior endeavors (not just the prior LaRose startups). Middle management wasn't always chosen wisely and at times they were not qualified to hire the people that work for them. But it's hard to argue with success. The company's meteoric rise continues despite the potential problems resulting from their exponential growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Agilex Technologies