Small Company undergoing growing pains

Former Contractor - Agile Coach in Boise, ID
Former Contractor - Agile Coach in Boise, ID

I worked at Agilex Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruits some great professionals and has some high aspirations. Offers some interesting gigs

Cons

Aspirations without good leadership was my experience. Bringing various folks from around the US to engagements without time to form a cohesive group creates unnecessary churn.

Advice to Management

Gaining the business is one thing, but taking time to form your teams and normalize their work/efforts will avoid loss of good folks as well as weeding out those that have no business being there

Other Employee Reviews for Agilex Technologies

1. Good place to work

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Chantilly, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Agilex Technologies as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good technologies, Flexible work hours

Cons

Stressful sometimes, Hire and keep good people

Advice to Management

none

Very impressed with the course Agilex has taken over the last few years!

Current Contractor - Senior-Level Consultant in Chantilly, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior-Level Consultant in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Agilex Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Full disclosure, I am in my first year with the company. That said, I have known of Agilex for years dating back to the company's inception in '05. I knew the word on the street back then relative to some organizational and management issues which culminated in a high percentage of voluntary resignations within employees' first year with the company. That was not lost on upper-management and I can see firsthand that those issues are changing for the better! It's easily forgotten that while Agilex is a $500 million dollar organization and Government contractor of the year for '10, '11 and '12, this is still only 5 year old company. I have been around the block with several of the heavy-hitters in the government contracting world and I am finding Agilex Technologies to be a well-lead, nimble, lean and fiscally responsible outfit with seemingly limitless potential. I'm not just happy to be here, rather, I do feel very fortunate to be here.

Cons

Only one foosball table in the 3rd floor lounge area. But in all seriousness, I have been sitting here for 3 minutes trying to think of a 'con'.

Advice to Management

Encourage more cross-sector communication. I know that's a priority right now already but I think that would offer opportunities to increase efficiency. Other than that, just keep doin' what you're doin'.