There are newer employer reviews for Agilysys

Agilysys is a good place to work.

Former Employee - Support Analyst  in  Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Support Analyst in Greenville, SC

I worked at Agilysys

Pros

Agilysys is a good place to work. Benefits and compensation appear to be average for our area. There are a wide range of skills needed as the company has many different areas of business. So for the individual who is willing to learn new things, there is plenty of room for advancement. Most of the employees at least in our location appeared to be happy with their job and working environment.

Cons

The only downside that I can think of is that we never seemed to have enough people to handle to day to day business which makes it hard on everyone. It's hard to find people with the right skills.

None

60 Other Employee Reviews for Agilysys (View Most Recent)

Company stuck in the 80's..... using obsolete technologies, trying to survive and thinks they are global but not.

Current Employee - Undisclosed  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Agilysys

Pros

If you are an iSeries professional, you have a great career there.
    Small company with great potential given the Hospitality space does not have a lot of players.
    Has a good, clean work environment (physically), Executive leadership wants to make a difference and maintain profitability to keep afloat in this financial market.
    Benefits are average for this size company. No complaints
    Corporate Business does not meddle in running the operations of the Lines fo Business executives. The employees are great, friendly and willing to work on whatever they are assigned. No problem with desire to team and collaborate when asked.

Cons

But don't think you will grow into much new. they are not ready for .Net unless they acquire a company then wonder what to do with the technology!
    Autocratic management style.. Not open and not fostering growth and trust
    Career opportunities for staff is limited as they are a small shop and don't really have a plan or actually if they had one that HR could drive, the Lins of business leaders are managing their resopurces so lean that there is no time left in the day to really invest to advance other than OJT. Exec management make knee jerk responses to precieved pressures and impressions of staff' performance and will constantly change people around hoping that things will get better. They have a lot of old-timers that just need to be let go due to lack of performance, but they hold on to them because they can't afford to lose them due to iSeries Skills that are scares. They expect people can jump into complex technologies like .Net and learn and be functioning at mid to sr-level developers and architects when they did not invest in them to learn and become good at anything before they get yanked off to do 12 other things.

Create a product strategy and then hire competent Sr. leadership to execute. Need to change from silos to an enterprise wide product

Very nice place to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Solon, OH

I have been working at Agilysys

Pros

No micro-managing. Casual environment. Home office most likely an option for you. Management understands that family is important. People are very friendly and mgmt respectful, which is strange in a larger company. I have only come across one jerk in mgmt in my 9 years here and it he didn't last with the company too long. Coming from a mom and pop company where being treated like crap daily and employees bittering constantly this was like eden. They treat you like an adult and it's up to you whether to sink or swim. Some people would like more hands on mgmt (especially some newer sales people), but I know my job and know what to do and happy with the hands-off attitude.

Cons

Kind of a boys club. VERY few, if any, woman in upper management (not counting HR). Unless you work in Solon, there is no opportunity to move up in the company.

I have no problem with Sr. Mgmt. They are always been fair and resonable.

There are newer employer reviews for Agilysys

Worked for Agilysys? Contribute to the Community!