Agora - MD

www.agora-inc.com

An amazingly profitable company that makes money hand over fist despite the incompetence of the internal software team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe affiliates really know their business. They are a forward thinking international company that buys and/or partners with local publishing houses. These are kept largely in tact as far as organization and culture.

ConsThe entire operations department seems to exist to do as little work in house as possible. The software development team is a revolving door. Every employee is sold upon the idea of reducing outsourcing in favor of in house development, but the reality is that there is no motivation to take on any risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house of the entire management chain of the ops department. No one in the current chain is even remotely interested in saving the corporation money or improving any processes.

Entrepreneurial but somewhat haphazard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Agora - MD full-time for less than a year

Pros: Young, somewhat inexperienced employees given a chance to carry significant responsibility; casual,… Cons: Pretty hard-driving culture, can be expected to work long hours. Parking… Advice to Senior Management: Keep letting employees have a shot at carrying the ball,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fantastic small company with a "work hard, play hard" attitude.

I have been working at Agora - MD full-time for more than a year

Pros: Do you want to be heard? Do you want to have fun at work but also go home feeling like you were productive and weren't… Cons: Sometimes it feels like people get too lax in the "laid back" attitude of the company. I wish management… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing - just keep an eye on people a little more.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Agora - MD.

Worked for Agora - MD? Contribute to the Community!