Entrepreneurial but somewhat haphazard

I worked at Agora - MD full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young, somewhat inexperienced employees given a chance to carry significant responsibility; casual, fun atmosphere; cool buildings to work in; an environment with little micro-management.

Cons

Pretty hard-driving culture, can be expected to work long hours. Parking was not always near the buildings, which was a drag in downtown Baltimore.

Keep letting employees have a shot at carrying the ball, even if they do drop it sometimes.

Other Reviews for Agora - MD

Fantastic small company with a "work hard, play hard" attitude.

I have been working at Agora - MD full-time for more than a year

Pros

Do you want to be heard? Do you want to have fun at work but also go home feeling like you were productive and weren't just filling a seat? Then this is the place to work. The actual campus is great, the people are fun, and the work is enjoyable for the most part. It really feels like management gives a hoot, which is rare nowadays.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like people get too lax in the "laid back" attitude of the company. I wish management would try to find a good line between the "laid back" and "slave driving" attitude since people can get lazy.

Keep doing what you are doing - just keep an eye on people a little more. We love it here, but some people need to be prodded to stay... y'know, actually working.

The ideal environment for someone inquisitive and inspired

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Agora - MD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you can articulate an idea, you WILL be heard - and almost always encouraged to act on it as soon as possible. For such a large company, the culture is close knit and personal. Even the executives are approachable, social, and genuinely interested in the well-being of employees. Benefits are good, campus is cool, and the company is thriving. Agora made a lot of promises while recruiting me to work here over 2 years ago, and has lived up to all of them.

Cons

The company has grown significantly over the last few years and continues to grow. Some of the buildings are a little crowded, and communication can be difficult but I've seen a lot of improvement in my time here.

Keep doing what you're doing. Before coming to Agora, I'd never worked at a company where the vast majority of the company actually love coming to work everyday.

There are newer employer reviews for Agora - MD.

Worked for Agora - MD? Contribute to the Community!