Ahead

Needs improvement

Former Employee - Senior Implementation Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Implementation Engineer

I worked at Ahead

Pros

Great clients and latest technologies

Cons

All technology decisions made by engineering and sales consultants. No input from architecture.

prioritizing sales over best client solutions will not win any awards with customers or their trust.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Ahead (View Most Recent)

Moving in the right direction!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ahead full-time

Pros

The talent at AHEAD continues to improve and the company continues moving in the right direction. Best of breed on the technical side of the house, amazing sales reps without that "greater than thou" attitude and a back office that keeps the engines moving for our field troops.

Respect is not only given but received from the top down. Almost a "Cheers" feel where everyone knows your name - and if they don't know you, they will at a company event or team outing. There is no micro-managing here, but management is always willing to jump in to offer guidance and support. Most directors and managers are working management, not just controlling the minions - they remain relevant because they are in the thick of things with you.

Cons

You need to be self-sufficient. With not being a micro-managed organization, you are also given the ability to make your work and your role your own - this may not work for everyone. If you need hand-holding and constant guidance, AHEAD may not be the organization for you.

Sales and Engineering is the blood of organizations like AHEAD, we all know that. Continue taking care of the heart of the organization that keeps that blood moving and they'll continue taking care of AHEAD. As the organization grows - find ways to hold on to that family culture that has made us who we are.

Snazzy place to work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ahead full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The technical folks are sharp, energetic, and looking to innovate every facet of the data center. Management is largely hands-off and organized in a flat structure. Office is open (no cube farms) regardless of your title and position, with most folks opting to work from home or remotely. MBOs are fair and achievable with a good mix of personal and team goals. Most benefits are 100% covered for individual with fair rates for families. Executive team actually gives a hoot about you, the team, and the company - approachable and available to chat.

Cons

Largely distributed workforce means a good dose of personal discipline is required to stay organized, motivated, and on task; if you prefer to have a static workday structure, this isn't a good fit. Most positions are required to travel throughout the Midwest or continental US at around 25% (varies with role).

Office environment is in need of a modernization when it comes to hotel desk equipment (monitors, docks, keyboards, mouse, outlets, network jacks, etc.).

Ahead Response

Jan 27, 2015Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about AHEAD! We'll be sure to take a look at the office equipment. Stay tuned for continued ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Ahead