Very Unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

If you are in good with upper management you will be taken care of financially. However be very careful because one small mistake can put you on the "Hit List" regardless of your dedication or how well you have done your job in the past. Many co-workers are genuine and caring.

Cons

The company on the outside appears to be a well organized corperate environment. However on the inside it is anything but that. Personal friends are the ring leaders many with little to no experience in the area that they manage. Few departments actually have quality management. Arrogance runs rampant in upper management. Turn over is high. Quality experienced employees are far and few. The owner is the puppet master in every sense of the word and every avenue. Just because its written in the empoyee handbook doesnt mean that is how it will play out. Benefits are terrible, and educational assistance and encouragement will not be found in this company. A month after my employment started I was in search of a new job.

Other Employee Reviews for Ahern Rentals

Account Manager

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Ahern Rentals (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, enjoyed the focus for results

Cons

The Mico management of staff

2. pay disparities

I worked at Ahern Rentals full-time

Pros

Got paid every week

Cons

Finding out that whites made more than non whites.

Advice to Management

I worked at Ahern and I know for a fact that at the time I worked there they paid white employees more than minority employees.When I asked them about it I was told that the reason for the pay disparities was that the people getting higher pay had more experience.I was in my mid forties working with 19-26 year olds.They did not have more experience than me.Simple math can attest to this.I was training a lot of the people making more than me.You might get hired here but in my opinion it is a racist company even if they had a minority as head of H.R. They are some pretty sneaky people.