Ahold USA
www.ahold.com Carlisle, PA 5000+ Employees

For a rapidly changing company, it has great potential, but a lot of kinks.

Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ahold USA full-time

ProsYou have a flex schedule, fun work environment, and a lot of jobs posted from within. They are generous with free product samples, and put on a few good company picnics/parties each year.

ConsEven though there are a lot of jobs posted from within, it is EXTREMELY difficult to penetrate the "inner-circle", especially if you are a temp (still considered "outsiders" when applying for "in-house" positions). There is little structure, and even less training. So, moving up in this company seems to be "saved" for those who are either related to, or already know, someone in a decision making position.

Advice to Senior Management1.) Vamp up training, and make sure that those designated to train other employees or temps actually have proper training skills, and that they are held accountable for the information they provide (or lack there of). 2.) Invest in the people who are already working hard for you. Consider the temps more often because they work very hard for little pay, no benefits, and are too often overshadowed because of office politics.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company to work for; great culture and senior level management

I have been working at Ahold USA

Pros: Large bonus target rates Approachable senior management Lot of internal promotions… Cons: Low base salary Location of main corporate office is in central… Advice to Senior Management: Lok at some of your younger dept heads who maybe… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Extremely bureaucratic and filled with self-serving executives.

I have been working at Ahold USA

Pros: Compensation package (base, bonus, equity, and company car) is very… Cons: Very difficult to get decisions made. Organization changes constantly and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ahold USA.

Worked for Ahold USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ahold USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ahold USA CEO Dick Boer. All reviews posted anonymously by Ahold USA employees.