Ahold USA
www.aholdusacareers.com Carlisle, PA 5000+ Employees

Still holding out hope for a career future here!

Senior Security Engineer (Current Employee)
Greenville, SC

ProsPay isn't bad, especially for location and education/certification "required". To be honest, everybody from the director level down has been largely in the same boat as far as job security. The people left are pretty competent, and I can count on most people to do their job efficiently and with a level of personal interest.

ConsSince late 2002 we've been in a cycle of down-sizing IT staff, and the future never feels certain. Career advancement has been non-existent, and the training budget (specifically for travel) has suffered. We have lost a lot of good people to outsourcing and an unsteady future, and I know we can't provide the service we used to prior to outsourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that we will find out and notice things going on; transparency will foster a "we" environment, instead of the current "us and them" environment. We don't have to know everything, just don't act like nothing is going on when we all know there is.

For a rapidly changing company, it has great potential, but a lot of kinks.

Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ahold USA full-time

Pros: You have a flex schedule, fun work environment, and a lot of jobs posted from within.… Cons: Even though there are a lot of jobs posted from within, it is EXTREMELY difficult to penetrate the "inner-circle", especially if you are a temp… Advice to Senior Management: 1.) Vamp up training, and make sure that those designated to train other employees or temps actually have proper training skills, and that they… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company to work for; great culture and senior level management

I have been working at Ahold USA

Pros: Large bonus target rates Approachable senior management Lot of internal promotions… Cons: Low base salary Location of main corporate office is in central… Advice to Senior Management: Lok at some of your younger dept heads who maybe… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ahold USA.

Worked for Ahold USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ahold USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ahold USA CEO Dick Boer. All reviews posted anonymously by Ahold USA employees.