Still holding out hope for a career future here!

Current Employee - Senior Security Engineer  in  Greenville, SC
Current Employee - Senior Security Engineer in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Ahold USA

Pros

Pay isn't bad, especially for location and education/certification "required". To be honest, everybody from the director level down has been largely in the same boat as far as job security. The people left are pretty competent, and I can count on most people to do their job efficiently and with a level of personal interest.

Cons

Since late 2002 we've been in a cycle of down-sizing IT staff, and the future never feels certain. Career advancement has been non-existent, and the training budget (specifically for travel) has suffered. We have lost a lot of good people to outsourcing and an unsteady future, and I know we can't provide the service we used to prior to outsourcing.

Realize that we will find out and notice things going on; transparency will foster a "we" environment, instead of the current "us and them" environment. We don't have to know everything, just don't act like nothing is going on when we all know there is.

Other Reviews for Ahold USA

For a rapidly changing company, it has great potential, but a lot of kinks.

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Ahold USA full-time

Pros

You have a flex schedule, fun work environment, and a lot of jobs posted from within. They are generous with free product samples, and put on a few good company picnics/parties each year.

Cons

Even though there are a lot of jobs posted from within, it is EXTREMELY difficult to penetrate the "inner-circle", especially if you are a temp (still considered "outsiders" when applying for "in-house" positions). There is little structure, and even less training. So, moving up in this company seems to be "saved" for those who are either related to, or already know, someone in a decision making position.

1.) Vamp up training, and make sure that those designated to train other employees or temps actually have proper training skills, and that they are held accountable for the information they provide (or lack there of). 2.) Invest in the people who are already working hard for you. Consider the temps more often because they work very hard for little pay, no benefits, and are too often overshadowed because of office politics.

Good company to work for; great culture and senior level management

I have been working at Ahold USA

Pros

Large bonus target rates
    Approachable senior management
    Lot of internal promotions and opportunities

Cons

Low base salary
    Location of main corporate office is in central PA
    A few bad managers/dept heads ruin it for alot of people

Lok at some of your younger dept heads who maybe out for themselves and no one else

There are newer employer reviews for Ahold USA.

Worked for Ahold USA? Contribute to the Community!