There are newer employer reviews for Aimco Apartment Homes

Overall not a bad place to work.

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the time compensation and bonus was great.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a con.

Advice to Management

All were great to work with.

Other Employee Reviews for Aimco Apartment Homes

Disorganized and extremely frustrating.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The base salary plus commission was nice, and the specific training for Other Centered Selling they gave was very helpful. Other than that, I don't really have a lot of nice things to say about this company or position.

Cons

Employee turnover was about 6 months. This was at several levels of the company, both at my individual property and the regional office. Everything was disorganized, and policies for how to respond to residents' issues frequently changed. This led to a lot of anger on the resident side, because the person that rented the unit to them would be completely different than the person going through their move-out process with them. Paperwork was a mess to get through, and was never completed properly. I was paid hourly, but had overtime every week I worked there because there was just never enough time to get through things. The property was severely understaffed, and employees frequently quitting or getting fired meant others had to pick up the slack in areas they might not be familiar with. I will never work there again.

Advice to Management

Be consistent. Don't change policies frequently. Realize that these are people that you're dealing with, not numbers, and your product is their home.

Very Poorly Micro Managed Misery

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses Paychecks were on time

Cons

-35 Hour work week -Constant turn over -Lack of respect towards residents, bottom line is the "almighty dollar" -Lack of proper and effective training to get the job done -No respect for employees especially hard working competent ones -Micro manage by fear tactics, reminding employees that they can be replaced at any time -Big time lack of integrity in upper management. The worst part is it seems that the company really does NOT care about the residents what so ever!

Advice to Management

PLEASE RE READ your MISSION STATEMENT! Show your employees that you do care just a little bit. Please show loyalty to your residents, after all they are the most important part of your revenue.