Government work, just o.k.

Current Employee - Management Analyst  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Management Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Air Force Civilian Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Predictability in knowing the organization will likely be around for a 3-5 year period minimum helps create a sense of stability.

Cons

Low creative opportunities do not offer employees incentives for solution sets, only incentive is complying with laws and regulations.

n/a

Other Reviews for Air Force Civilian Service

Civil Service Employee

Current Employee - Engineer  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Air Force Civilian Service full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay for professionals, working with mostly good, hardworking people trying to do the right thing by accomplishing mission goals. Some employee benefits are good such as time off for annual or sick leave.

Cons

There used to be a civilian career track to get promoted, for example if you were mobile and willing to work in remote parts of the country/out of the country for several years at a time, and you were serious about your work, you could move up and get regularly promoted. Now, all of these higher paying civil service jobs are handed to retired military officers who are friends with the hiring managers. The Officers, while good people with similar skills, were not were not groomed to do the jobs in the same manner. They were on their own track and were able to retire after 20 years with full benefits.
    Not all of the benefits are good - for example, I pay more (over $10K/year) for health insurance benefits that are less inclusive than friends/family get in the private sector.
    We are the scapegoats for the haters in Congress that instituted the same programs that they say are wasteful!
    Morale is at an all time low because hard working middle-class people like myself are losing pay (no raise in three years and higher cost of insurance/taxes) and vilified for doing our jobs.

Do

There are newer employer reviews for Air Force Civilian Service.

Worked for Air Force Civilian Service? Contribute to the Community!