Flexable and Stable

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My job at AL allows me the flexability to maintain a healthy relationship w my family and be productive at work. I cant speak for all positions in the company. As this is a global company it offers alot of stablity and mobility.

Cons

AL was upfront with me about pay, which is a little less than average. This organization is extremely top heavy

Advice to Management

Need to spend more money on critical assets and get back to the basics of what we do well

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Professional development experience over the course of 2 years and 4 different rotations

Current Employee - ALLEX PARTICIPANT in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - ALLEX PARTICIPANT in Houston, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Access to a network of +40,000 employees throughout 80+ countries. The global leader for gas for the environment, healthcare, and industry.

Cons

The program boasts a wide range of opportunities for ALLEX, however the program highly favors and give preferences to ALLEX who hold an engineering degree even though there are HR, Supply Chain, Finance, and Business majors in the program.

Advice to Management

Provide the same opportunities for advancement for non engineering ALLEX as they are for ALLEX engineers

Stagnant company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent training and good place to build 'portable' skill sets. Salary and benefits are seem to be on par with the industry. Jobs are incredibly stable. Phantom options are a nice way of keeping people if your one of the few to get them.

Cons

AL hasn't announce a major 'new' investment in a very long time. It is understandable that higher level jobs are filled from France (being a French company) but I don't understand why Canadians seem to be the preferred management stock. Attrition is very high and I'm seeing talent leave in droves. People who are left behind seem to be those who aren't wanted elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Pick a metric to analyze the entire management team (name brand MBAs or actual involvement in major investments). Many of these new Directors and VP's haven't accomplished anything and its a moral killer when good people are passed over.