There are newer employer reviews for Air Liquide (USA)

Satisfying, but not the best

Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Houston, TX
Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Liquide (USA) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My managers were excellent leaders with exceptional experiences and mindsets. The project assigned was challenging and extensive; thus, I had an opportunity to learn a great deal.

Cons

After completing the internship, I was informed that there were not enough budget to directly hire me as an full-time employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Air Liquide (USA)

Negative experience at underachieving company (in U.S.)

Former Employee - Sales/Business Development in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales/Business Development in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Industry technology leader, high potential for investment in innovation, above average benefits for the industry, good engineering mentoring programs, excellent R&D facilities

Cons

Very political, outdated infrastructure / systems, bureaucracy & processes which are difficult to manage. High attrition in certain business areas. Several managers appear to have been chosen for pedigree over relevant experience & people skills. Managers rotate through positions in 3 years or less leading to short term decision making with shallow focus on P&L and stock price with no consequences for poor results after they have left the position. Line employees disconnected from long-term vision. Poor assimilation of acquired businesses into parent company (diminishing their prior potential). HR department suffers from high turnover and seen to be ignorant or downright dismissive of lower-line employee issues

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the needs of your clients. Stop obfuscating the results of employee engagement surveys and listen to what your employees are really saying. Treat clients and employees as stakeholders with the same respect you give to your shareholders. Allow acquired businesses to perform in the way that attracted you to them in the first place.

Wonderful People, Great Company

Former Intern - Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Liquide (USA) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some really great people while interning with Air Liquide over the summer. They genuinely care about their employees safety and development, which is evident in their low turn over. Great job security!

Cons

Don't fire many people, so low-performers keep their jobs which hurts the company. VERY risk averse.

Advice to Management

They should be more proactive about new investment opportunities and give incentives to top performers.