Air Methods

www.airmethods.com

If you want to be just a "warm body"

Field Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee)

ProsNoble job with the opportunity help the team save lives. The local crews seem to appreciate having a skilled mechanic available to discuss their needs. Pay is slightly above average for compared to other small aviation jobs I've had. Benefits are good.

ConsMust be available 24/7. No thanks or appreciation from middle management. Even though the company continues to grow in the current economy, raises are minimal. Mechanics are treated like the bottom of the food chain but continue to hold the majority of the responsabilities. AMC is always looking for "someone" to place the blame when things go wrong. Rarely do they look into the causes and corrections of the problems. Very little communication at the field level. Middle management rarely keeps in touch or communicates with the mechanics. Watch out for the "ready, fire, aim" approach to handling problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what the results of the previous employee survey revealed. Realize that those out in direct contact with the customer have a good understanding of the customers needs. Please take into consideration the needs of those who work for you.

Job with many hats and little pay.

Mechanic (Current Employee)

I have been working at Air Methods

Pros: Decent benefits, large company that is constantly expanding, close to… Cons: Corporate is in Denver so most promotions would need to relocate. Management is a good ole boy bunch. CEO states an average 3% pay raise… Advice to Senior Management: Fight for your employees and get them decent raises and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work.

Senior Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Air Methods

Pros: Good environment. Very flexible about working from home. IT management very approachable. Interesting business. Organized - got a laptop… Cons: More consultants than staff. Some critical people were not included in the project planning and should… Advice to Senior Management: I keep reading in the paper that another helicopter crashed and that everyone on the flight was killed.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Air Methods.

Worked for Air Methods? Contribute to the Community!