There are newer employer reviews for Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand Great Leader, Great woorkmates,

Current Employee - Planner  in  Christchurch (New Zealand)
Current Employee - Planner in Christchurch (New Zealand)

I have been working at Air New Zealand

Pros

Fellow employees are skilled, and easy to get along with. Good clean and modern facilties after dock upgrades. Good varity of work in heavy maintainance. There is an great attidude to get the work done on time be employees and they want to try new methods.

Cons

a little too relieant on computers and operating procedures lost the she'll be right we can did it attitude.
External management brought in without an understanding the New Zealand culture

Rob Fyfe has been the best Leader I have had the priverledge to work for, but some lower level managers haven't pick up on his style. Dont burn your self out Rob we need you for the long haul.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Air New Zealand (View Most Recent)

Air NZ is a great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Specialist  in  Auckland (New Zealand)
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Auckland (New Zealand)

I have been working at Air New Zealand

Pros

Great leadership. Comprehensive and consistent company strategy. Great culture and feeling of community. Leadership supports growth of employees and is funding an organisation wide personal development programme. Fantastic opportunities if you are prepared to put in the leg work.

Cons

Inconsistent HR policy in terms of pay vs skills and experience. Still oriented towards rewarding "stayers" rather than "performers" or those who bring skills with them. Pay is on the lower side causing difficulties with turnover and attracting skilled staff. If you stick around the pay gets better - but the increases don't equate with performance - unfortunately there are a few people around who know how to play the game and get good performance reviews but who are actually really hard to work with.

Keep it up, but sometimes need to pay attention to operational people matters and not leave it all up to HR.

#Dreamjob

I have been working at Air New Zealand full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working for Air New Zealand and it all comes down to the people. Engaged, passionate and innovative the people are without question among some of the worlds best. Like all companies we have our challenges but the people are what makes it all worthwhile. Based in New Zealand has it's benefits too!

Cons

At times work practices can be siloed and we need to work harder at being one team.

Dont lose our kiwi culture that makes us what we are today!

There are newer employer reviews for Air New Zealand

Worked for Air New Zealand? Contribute to the Community!