Air Products

www.airproducts.com

Decent for a first job but wouldn't want to be there long term

Current Employee - Microbulk Sales Representative
Current Employee - Microbulk Sales Representative

Pros

Set own hours, lots of independence, nice coworkers, good car allowance

Cons

Very difficult to act enthused about industrial gases, you basically work out of your car 4 days per week, very little training and guidance (you basically get thrown into making cold calls and just call your manager when you have questions- which is ALL the time), industry is stagnant, almost no decent leads are provided, compensation isn't all that great.

Don't wait 6-9 months to train people! How are people supposed to sell and make money when they don't know anything about the product, service, or industry? A good company hires people who are smart enough to handle a little book and classroom learning.

Other reviews for Air Products

A top notch company, especially for an entry level person

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Allentown, PA

Pros

The rotational assisnment program where you get to work in different areas of the company

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time

Great company but not so great for mechanical engineers.

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Allentown, PA

Pros

The people at APCI are very nice and truly care about their job.
    The working environment is comfortable.
    On site fitness center, company recreational sports, minority support groups, and most teams demonstrate a commitment to community service.

Cons

Their internship program can be "hit or miss" at times, meaning some assignments are GREAT while others leave you twiddling your thumbs...especially if you're a mechanical engineering major.

More often than not, I've talked with chemical engineering students and they rave about their assignments with APCI but that hasn't been my overall experience talking to mechanical engineers. Through my experience, I was continuously directed to plant assignments (which can be quite thrilling) but I wasn't given much room to explore other aspects of the company like R&D, food/beverage applications, safety implementation, etc. after completing four assignments! I think the opportunities for mechanical engineers at APCI are a little limited and the internship program should be adjusted to allow MEs to experience more than just process engineering.

There are newer employer reviews for Air Products.

Worked for Air Products? Contribute to the Community!