There are newer employer reviews for Air Products

Overall Air Products is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Project Development Engineer  in  Hersham, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Project Development Engineer in Hersham, England (UK)

I have been working at Air Products

Pros

Air Products provides a flexible work environment in which anyone can build a career. I am in my fifth job position in 10 years which has given me a wide range of experience in different job roles working in a variety of departments. The diverse workforce is the backbone of the company and it's great to work with people of all nationalities and backgrounds. The feedback you get every year allows you to focus on improving the weaker areas while you get rewarded for good performance. The atmosphere amongst employees is great and management is always willing to listen if you have something that bothers you in particular.

Cons

Sometimes the company is too conservative and is not willing to take risks at all. We always seem to be the last ones to enter a new territory. Having to fly economy halfway around the world isn't great. There are other ways to save money that don't involve making trips even more exhausting.

Keep building our capabilities in key regions so we can remain competitive in the global market and don't stop investing in R&D, because that's where cuts are made in general when times are tough..

167 Other Employee Reviews for Air Products (View Most Recent)

Great company Cares about safety and its personal. I enjoyed working there.

Former Employee - Power Plant Operator  in  Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Power Plant Operator in Stockton, CA

I worked at Air Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay. Great safety attitude.

Cons

Need more programs to help employees move around inside of company for different jobs.

Good place to start if you're highly motivated.

Former Employee - Microbulk Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Microbulk Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who work here are really nice. That's not always the easiest thing to find. They give you good training, but that comes a bit further down the line once you prove yourself in sales. You have to be a self-starter and very motivated. So if you can go out and make sales calls on a daily basis with a little knowledge to start then you can focus more on the things you need later in your sales process. If you can survive the first six months, then they train you very well. They provide a lot of sales training as well as technical sales knowledge of the industrial gas industry.

Cons

Air Products can be safety conscious to a fault. They do not have a very diverse product line like other competitors. They take a bit too long to provide the knowledge one needs to be successful early in the sales process. There is a lot of pressure for new sales reps to be successful, for example I know of certain reps that were fired within the first six months due to low success which was not necessarily their fault.

There are newer employer reviews for Air Products

Worked for Air Products? Contribute to the Community!