Air Producst a company that tries hard.....!!

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Hersham, England (UK)
Current Employee - Analyst in Hersham, England (UK)

I have been working at Air Products

Pros

They strive to provide good working conditions and remuneration in a diverse atmosphere.The work life balance is something that depending upon which department you work in can be achieved.There are good flexible working arrangements in place with lots of staff.Ther are lots of opportunities within the organisation through the careers centre and many chances to progress.Generally speaking people are encouraged to grow with the company and there are a lot of people who have worked for the company for many years.Service is recognised with extra days holidays and recompense , things such as free private healthcare for employees and their families etc

Cons

Sometimes senior leadership communication is poor.Sometimes you can be made to believe you are empowered and when you try and make things change you realise the vastness of the company and how bureaucaratic it can be to make positive change.
Like all big orgabistaions certain folk are earmarked for great things and thus lots of positions although advertised will go to them regardless of the recruitment process which is a bit of a facade.People see this and it causes a degree of cynicism.The pay and remunration has slipped in terms of market comparison with similar companies over the years - but is still reasonably competeitive I think.

Get out there.Walk the walk...dont just talk the talk.

Other Reviews for Air Products

Overall Air Products is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Project Development Engineer  in  Hersham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Development Engineer in Hersham, England (UK)

I have been working at Air Products

Pros

Air Products provides a flexible work environment in which anyone can build a career. I am in my fifth job position in 10 years which has given me a wide range of experience in different job roles working in a variety of departments. The diverse workforce is the backbone of the company and it's great to work with people of all nationalities and backgrounds. The feedback you get every year allows you to focus on improving the weaker areas while you get rewarded for good performance. The atmosphere amongst employees is great and management is always willing to listen if you have something that bothers you in particular.

Cons

Sometimes the company is too conservative and is not willing to take risks at all. We always seem to be the last ones to enter a new territory. Having to fly economy halfway around the world isn't great. There are other ways to save money that don't involve making trips even more exhausting.

Keep building our capabilities in key regions so we can remain competitive in the global market and don't stop investing in R&D, because that's where cuts are made in general when times are tough..

Great Company

Former Employee - Production Engineer  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Production Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at Air Products as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Most employees are very friendly and willing to help. The compensation is very good, even as an intern. In addition, they ask what you want to do within the company and will do anything they can to help you become successful.

Cons

It may not be a bad thing given that I haven't been out into the workforce yet, but you cannot take vacation until you've been working there for 6 months. Also, the work-life balance can be hectic if you're working in a plant as it can be more demanding.

There are newer employer reviews for Air Products.

Worked for Air Products? Contribute to the Community!