There are newer employer reviews for Air Transport Services Group

Death of ABX

Current Employee - Pilot
Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at Air Transport Services Group

Pros

See below. This once proud company used to offer a good living, but is now just a shadow of its former self with no sense of direction nor any capable leadership.

Cons

Several thousand workers to be laid off in the next few months. Unfortunately, this airline is in its final months as a viable provider of overnight shipping. The future of the company is very unclear and there is very little information coming from management. There has been no detailed unveiling of any realistic business plan and senior management is new having come from another airline they dismantled.

Treat your employees with the respect and dignity they have earned as you push them out the door.

2 Other Employee Reviews for Air Transport Services Group (View Most Recent)

Classic American employer

Current Employee - Operations Support Specialist in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Support Specialist in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Air Transport Services Group

Pros

Small company atmosphere, good communication in times of crisis. Everybody knows everyone else. It was the type of place I wanted to retire from until it was destroyed. Most employees never leave here once they are hired, sort of like General Motors used to be. Abx is located in rural Clinton county, which means no rush hour traffic, low cost of living, and a friendly small town atmosphere.

Cons

We are experiencing massive downsizing due to DHL arrogance and incompetence. My low rating for career opportunities is because no one voluntarily leaves the company which would normally leave an opening for advancement.

It's too late now.