Air Wisconsin Airlines

Worse Regional Airline!

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Bentonville, AR
Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Flying to Chicago for training meet a lot of cool people from all over the country.

Cons

Flight Benefits(NO FLIGHT BENEFITS) They are the worse since you only get Zed Fares which are cheap but still a lot more money then Regional Elite or American Eagle.
Union is worthless you pay to much for something you don't use.
Forget about advancing in the airline you will always be Part-Time because theres usually 3-4 Full-Time slots compared to 12 Part-Time slots.

This is the easiest airline to get hire by once your in just work a couple of months, and become really good friends with other airlines. I would suggest if your in a regional airport to join American Eagle Airlines(American Airlines), Regional Elite Airlines(Delta), or Skywest Airlines(United Airlines).

57 Other Employee Reviews for Air Wisconsin Airlines (View Most Recent)

Working as a first officer for Air Wisconsin Regional Airline

Current Employee - Pilot, First Officer in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Pilot, First Officer in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Great benefits
    Comparably good pay within the regional airline
    Good group of pilots and flight attendants I work with
    Schedules are bid through flica and are not Preferential Bidding (yet)

Cons

Schedule - So many of the schedules start early in the morning on day 1 of a trip and end late at night on the last day of the trip (not good for commuting, or enjoying time with your family).

Sick calls may require a doctors note, especially on holiday weekends.

Animosity between pilot group and management

I wish we could trust you guys to the point of getting rid of the union. The union only serves to make your life more difficult with the constant bickering over stuff, but you've shown us that we really can't trust you (Example: Bob Frisch avoiding dues while claiming union member status).

Private sub contractor

Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent/Ramp in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent/Ramp in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

The only good thing to work in this place is that the co workers are good in Baggage unlike Ramp. The job is fairly fun especially if you want to exercise.

Cons

There are so many negative things about working for this company. Some places have no safety kits. The company wants you to purchase certain things for yourself out of your pocket. Also, flight benefits (which is not a flight benefit) are only for economy class which is more likely for you to end up buying your own ticket. Since economy classes are likely to be occupied. Secondly, you pay money out of your paycheck to remain on healthcare plan and yet the insurance does not cover 100% of your medical bill. In addition, you cannot cancel medical until November. Finally, the union is fake.

All managers please make sure that there are better raincoats in the cage. Also the ear plugs should always be available. Let your superiors know that medical benefits should cover 100% and travel benefits should offer first and business class that your employee always has chance to get a seat on the place so they don't have to buy their own ticket.

There are newer employer reviews for Air Wisconsin Airlines