AirTran Holdings

Airtran Holdings

Current Employee - Contact Center Engineer
Current Employee - Contact Center Engineer

I have been working at AirTran Holdings

Pros

Free flight benefits for family

Cons

no opportunites for growth in it department

Recognition is important

67 Other Employee Reviews for AirTran Holdings (View Most Recent)

Every job comes with it's pros and cons, but it's the difference between love and like that makes the difference.

I have been working at AirTran Holdings

Pros

Flight Benefits (If you have time to use)
    Close relationships with other employees you've trained with, like a little family.

Cons

Unrealistic policy expectations, sometimes you leave work feeling like they plan for you to fail (Monthly reviews [opinions about your performance are criticized by other employees], No Perfect Attendance= No Opportunities for Advancement, etc). Pay is left to be desired. Lack of "working" equipment available to perform duties properly. Not enough balance between work/life, AirTran essentially becomes your life. The company advertises flexibility for students when soliciting you for hire, but once hired everything is based on "Operational Needs."

Some, not all senior management display arrogant attitudes, small percentage are great. Lower management needs some help with being cordial. Treat others as you expect you be treated.

I loved AirTran!

Former Employee - Corporate Office - MCO
    Former Employee - Corporate Office - MCO

I worked at AirTran Holdings

Pros

I felt like my co workers were my family. Pretty tight-knit group. Open door policy with executives and very easy to approach. Casual work environment.

Cons

I did not experience any at all. I wished their 'buddy passes' were not limited and did not cost so much.

Get more in 'touch' with the F/A and airport position work groups. Really look at the job they are doing and what they have to put up with in the general public. The customer is NOT always right.

There are newer employer reviews for AirTran Holdings