Airbnb

www.airbnb.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Airbnb

9 people found this helpful  

Angenehm, aber sehr von Connections und Intrigen geprägt Enjoyable, but deeply political

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Private
Former Employee - Private

I worked at Airbnb full-time (more than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Ich habe hier mit einigen der talentiertesten Leuten gearbeitet, die ich je kennengelernt habe. Die Verbindungen, die ich hier aufgebaut habe, werden mir für den Rest meiner Karriere helfen, und ich glaube, dass ich hier Freunde fürs ganze Leben gefunden habe.

Die Chancen und Erfahrungen, die ich hier machen durfte, und das, was ich einbringen konnte, waren weit größer als das, was ich am Anfang erwartet hatte. Ich hatte wirklich das Gefühl, zum Erfolg der Firma beizutragen.

Entwickelt sich sehr schnell - aber wenn man so lang da ist wie ich (ungefähr 2 Jahre), merkt man, dass es langsamer wird.

Some of the best and most talented people I have ever worked with. The connections I made there will help me for the rest of my career, and I believe I made friends for life.
The opportunity and experience I was offered to make a genuine contribution was far greater than I imagined when I accepted the position, and I really felt I made a difference to the company's direction.
Fast-moving - although if you had been there for as long as myself (around 2 years), you could see the slow-down.

Cons

Extrem von persönlichen Connections und Beziehungen geprägt. Wenn man mit den richtigen Leuten befreundet ist, ist es egal, wie schlecht man arbeitet (auch wenn das jeder weiß), wird man beschützt und entsprechend belohnt. Ich hatte wirklich das Gefühl: Je mehr man gearbeitet hat, desto mehr ist man in der Hackordnung abgestiegen.

Die Atmosphäre eines Start-ups ist vollkommen verloren gegangen. Airbnb ist jetzt ein Unternehmen.

Es gibt keine flache Hierarchie mehr, was auch immer das am Anfang bedeuten sollte.

Keine der Sozial- und Zusatzleistungen, mit denen geworben wird, gelten außerhalb von San Francisco.

Obwohl in diesem Unternehmen die "Leute" wichtig sein sollen, wurden in der letzten Zeit viele Entscheidungen aus völlig falschen Gründen getroffen. Diese waren, wenn man es von außen betrachtet, einfach dumm.

Es war sehr schwierig, je Vertrauen in das Spitzenmanagement zu haben. Typisch für Start-ups bestand es hauptsächlich aus Leuten in den Zwanzigern mit ein oder zwei Jahren Arbeitserfahrung.

Im letzten Jahr ist mir aufgefallen, dass die Qualität der neuen Angestellten deutlich gesunken ist. Und zwar soweit, dass einige "IT - Spezialisten" die EINFACHSTEN IT- Grundlagen nicht verstanden.

Die "Unternehmenskultur" bei Airbnb wird vom Spitzenmanagement regelmäßig mit Füßen getreten.

Hugely political. If you're friendly with the right people, regardless of how useless you are, or how well-known that fact is, you will be protected and rewarded disproportionately. I honestly felt like the harder you worked, the further you dropped in the pecking order.
The startup vibe is completely dead. Airbnb is now a corporation.
There is no such thing as a flat hierarchy anymore, whatever that was supposed to mean in the first place.
None of the advertised perks are available to anyone outside of San Francisco
Despite being a "people" company, many decisions have recently been made for completely the wrong reasons - and they're just plain stupid to the average bystander.
It was very difficult to ever have full faith in the senior management team - in typical startup style, this was made up of mainly of 20-somethings with only a year or two of work-experience.
In the past year, I noticed the average quality of new hires dropping significantly - to the point where several "IT specialists" were unable to understand BASIC IT principles.
The "Culture" of Airbnb is regulary trampled all over by the senior management.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Das Unternehmen sollte die guten Leute, die da sind, ordentlich behandeln, und damit aufhören, Idioten einzustellen.

Treat the good people you already have properly, and stop hiring idiots.

Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO

188 Other Employee Reviews for Airbnb (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 3 people found this helpful  

    Airbnb employee from the early days

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

    I have been working at Airbnb full-time (more than 3 years)

    Pros

    The employee experience at Airbnb has improved over the last year and I believe it will keep getting better. I started as an hourly employee and the company has rewarded me for hard work, creativity, and ongoing contributions by allowing and encouraging me to work in a variety of roles. I've been able to learn from multiple teams and mentors and that has strengthened my cross-functional skills. The company also encourages travel and they help employees offset the cost. Additionally, I'm constantly encouraged to take ownership of my primary role within the company and I feel like a business owner within the business. I feel very valued as an employee here!

    Cons

    I do wish that employees could work remotely more, and not just under special circumstances. But I understand why we can't. I also think there's some managers within the company that still "look down upon" those who strive for work-life balance. They need to stop that or people, really quality employees, will leave.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    My direct manager is fantastic, and has also been with the company many years. But if I could advise other managers who didn't start with Airbnb in the early years, it would be to not feel threatened by your direct reports and the initiatives they want to take. Don't micromanage them and don't insist on being apprised of every single idea they have. Let them grow, let them take chances, and let them learn from their mistakes. Don't be power hungry because everyone will see right through you. Your type is very easy to spot, and not easy to trust.

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  2. 2 people found this helpful  

    Crazy fast growth, awesome people and pay, often exhausting

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Lead in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Lead in Portland, OR

    I have been working at Airbnb full-time (more than 3 years)

    Pros

    Airbnb is one of those rare employers that really cares about what you think. We hire only the best of the best, so opinions are welcome and heard from anywhere -- whether you've been here 6 months or 5 years. The perks are great: travel to SF at least once a year, the chance to visit other offices (including outsourcers), breakfast and lunch daily, dogs in the office, great pay, "open concept" office and work station options... it goes on and on. We also work effing hard and the work is fun and challenging. Managers trust you to make best judgement calls and empower you to do your best work. Even if you don't particularly get along with your direct lead, there are several others that are there to support you. There is a lot of opportunity to move up and around. We all trust each other with our lives.

    Cons

    Hyper growth has meant some things, like basic training, can be overlooked. If you aren't someone that can work without guidance this may not be the place for you. Initiatives often live for 2 weeks only to die and be brought up again months later. Change is constant. Communication is improving, but not perfect. Work life balance is incredibly hard to make work for a lot of people. There can be a atmosphere akin to "drinking the koolaid."

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    During all this growth, keep in mind that there are "little things" that mean the world to several hundred employees. And I'm not talking about perks... I specifically mean policy or product changes that affect our users and CX. Changing them without communication or follow up can result in several days and weeks of confusion and frustration.

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Airbnb

Work at Airbnb? Share Your Experiences

Airbnb

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.