Airbnb
airbnb.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Enjoyable, but deeply political

Private (Former Employee)

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the best and most talented people I have ever worked with. The connections I made there will help me for the rest of my career, and I believe I made friends for life.
The opportunity and experience I was offered to make a genuine contribution was far greater than I imagined when I accepted the position, and I really felt I made a difference to the company's direction.
Fast-moving - although if you had been there for as long as myself (around 2 years), you could see the slow-down.

ConsHugely political. If you're friendly with the right people, regardless of how useless you are, or how well-known that fact is, you will be protected and rewarded disproportionately. I honestly felt like the harder you worked, the further you dropped in the pecking order.
The startup vibe is completely dead. Airbnb is now a corporation.
There is no such thing as a flat hierarchy anymore, whatever that was supposed to mean in the first place.
None of the advertised perks are available to anyone outside of San Francisco
Despite being a "people" company, many decisions have recently been made for completely the wrong reasons - and they're just plain stupid to the average bystander.
It was very difficult to ever have full faith in the senior management team - in typical startup style, this was made up of mainly of 20-somethings with only a year or two of work-experience.
In the past year, I noticed the average quality of new hires dropping significantly - to the point where several "IT specialists" were unable to understand BASIC IT principles.
The "Culture" of Airbnb is regulary trampled all over by the senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the good people you already have properly, and stop hiring idiots.

it's good to working an energetic company! there is an also a big risk in working btn the laws

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Airbnb

Pros: friendly n supportive culture! nice people Cons: just don't work in the China More

Best Company Ever

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility, working for a company with a great culture and… Cons: Depending on your position the ability to advance can become… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Airbnb.

Worked for Airbnb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airbnb reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky. All reviews posted anonymously by Airbnb employees.