Airborne Systems North America

www.airborne-sys.com
  www.airborne-sys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Airborne Systems North America

It's a little better than being unemployed, a place to ride out the tight economy.

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Ana, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Airborne Systems North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a few genuinely good people at this company. Some product lines are quite unique and the work can be interesting.

Cons

I'm an employee in very good standing here and I realize what I'm about to say will make me sound disgruntled but the truth is....

Very poorly developed company processes and procedures result in regular snafu's. Getting inventory moved requires an act of God, manufacturing/engineering communication is horrendous (by design) and there is no motivation to improve the scenario because upper management is consumed with profit margin and doesn’t want to "rock the boat".

Combine this environment with a very punitive "kick down - kiss up" management style at the executive level and basically the staff becomes the scapegoat for the crisis of the day....most days. It's all about who's to blame and never about isolating the cause and correcting it so the scenario doesn’t repeat. Week after week the same issues occur as a result of broken internal systems but there is zero desire (or funding) made available to fix things in spite of very healthy profits.

Focus on fixing your internal systems because when the current boom in business wanes, you won't be able to absorb inefficient operating practices by virtue of a high profit margin.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Airborne Systems North America (View Most Recent)

Like a college girlfriend, good enough for about a year, but not even close to long term material.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Related in Pennsauken, NJ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Related in Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at Airborne Systems North America

Pros

Exciting product line. Interesting people. Some of the people truly care. You can usually spot them with their head down, life drained.

Cons

Incompetent upper management. Absolutely no room for growth. Zero employee development. This company is run by Finance overlords. Avoid it like the plague!!!

Start firing people at the top of the salary heap and don't stop until you've reached the shop floor.

Airborne Systems

I worked at Airborne Systems North America

Pros

Airborne pays well enough and in Santa Ana the parachute industry has been in demand the past 5 or 6 years.

Cons

They are experiencing quite a bit of turnover and from what I understand lost about 1/2 their staff of engineers in Santa Ana location.

There are newer employer reviews for Airborne Systems North America