Airborne Systems North America
www.airborne-sys.com Pennsauken, NJ 150 to 499 Employees

It's a little better than being unemployed, a place to ride out the tight economy.

Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Airborne Systems North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are a few genuinely good people at this company. Some product lines are quite unique and the work can be interesting.

ConsI'm an employee in very good standing here and I realize what I'm about to say will make me sound disgruntled but the truth is....

Very poorly developed company processes and procedures result in regular snafu's. Getting inventory moved requires an act of God, manufacturing/engineering communication is horrendous (by design) and there is no motivation to improve the scenario because upper management is consumed with profit margin and doesn’t want to "rock the boat".

Combine this environment with a very punitive "kick down - kiss up" management style at the executive level and basically the staff becomes the scapegoat for the crisis of the day....most days. It's all about who's to blame and never about isolating the cause and correcting it so the scenario doesn’t repeat. Week after week the same issues occur as a result of broken internal systems but there is zero desire (or funding) made available to fix things in spite of very healthy profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on fixing your internal systems because when the current boom in business wanes, you won't be able to absorb inefficient operating practices by virtue of a high profit margin.

The company that is always for sale with no regard for employees or long term thinking

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Ana, CA

Pros: The pros are the complete lack of any rules whatsover.… Cons: Starting with the treatment of employees; although most are salaried and highly educated degreed engineers, they are all treated like teenage kids at a factory.… Advice to Senior Management: Retire, please! Begin to treat the employees like people and professionals, you will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Like a college girlfriend, good enough for about a year, but not even close to long term material.

Manufacturing Related (Former Employee)
Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at Airborne Systems North America

Pros: Exciting product line. Interesting people. Some of the people truly… Cons: Incompetent upper management. Absolutely no room for growth. Zero employee development.… Advice to Senior Management: Start firing people at the top of the salary heap… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Airborne Systems North America.

Worked for Airborne Systems North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airborne Systems North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Airborne Systems North America CEO Vicki Panhuise. All reviews posted anonymously by Airborne Systems North America employees.