There are newer employer reviews for Airgas

Bad business model

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Island City, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Airgas

Pros

Decent benefits, work schedule and flexibility.

Cons

Old boys network, inaccessible management, older average age in general, resistant to change. Corporate HQ buys out small mom-and-pop stores to add to their national conglomerate with little transition plan or additional incentive to stay. Poor earnings potential/opportunity for advancement. They don't invest in creating a uniform infrastructure or company culture, instead preferring to let the companies they buy out do business as usual under the Airgas name. Employees' opinions not heard.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Airgas (View Most Recent)

it is a great place to work for

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Airgas

Pros

It is a friendly environment and a great place to work for.

Cons

I thought the pay was not good enough and that is what made me look for another job.

mid management suffers from indecision, refuse to listen to others closer to the source.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Airgas

Pros

stock purchase plan, some good people that care. Does offer tutition coverage as benefit, also a "recession proof' type job in tanker division.

Cons

poor pay, high benefit costs to employee, limited advancement opportunitty unless you are a "yes man" to management. Hours change so often it is hard to have family life, more and more work is dumped on the ones doing work that those lazy have it easy. WIll not fire anyone.

Seriously evalute your mid management and send them to training school. Lot of low level employees are smart and understand more of what is good and wrong with the company, but cannot be heard because of the many layers of management. Start living up to the ethic training we go through each year.

There are newer employer reviews for Airgas

Worked for Airgas? Contribute to the Community!