There are newer employer reviews for Airgas

Great People; Terrible Management/Communication skills

I worked at Airgas

Pros

The people. The people are great. Decent Benefits. Airgas isn't know for how well it pays it's people, but overall compensation is fair.

Cons

Like I said, the people are great until you start getting into Management. Upper management is too concerned with covering their butts (or kissing the right ones) to care/listen about/to their employees. One Area VP in particular doesn't know crap about management and rules by imitating those below him. The rotating presidents was a joke. The longest tenured of the 3 was by far the worst; but at least he didn't care. The next one, cared, but he didn't understand what he was doing. I think that's actually a much scarier combination. The current Pres. is pretty good; but like the culture dictates, if you're not "in", then your out (and will be treated accordingly.)

Change the culture to stop managing my exception and by intimidation. The people in this company are your largest asset; treat them accordingly.

133 Other Employee Reviews for Airgas (View Most Recent)

Great growth opportunities and an actively changing internal environment.

I have been working at Airgas

Pros

Great opportunities to grow to new positions in your career, it's the best way to increase your earning power. Airgas does a great job at promoting from within.

Cons

Poor overall compensation plan. Annual salary increases are low enough that long term employees fall below market value and are lured away.

Put together a compensation plan that keeps long term employees in similar positions in line with what the market offers.

A good overall experience.

I worked at Airgas

Pros

It was a good overall experience.

Cons

Top mgt. and CEO had a bit of a good-old-boys network that was hard to crack.

A good overall experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Airgas

Worked for Airgas? Contribute to the Community!