There are newer employer reviews for Airgas

It's a roller coaster ride, constant changes in priorities with little progress....

I have been working at Airgas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security is the biggest plus.

Cons

Benifits and never ending additions to procedural controls

Advice to Management

Trim the fat at the top and put more guys in the plants

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Company to work for

I have been working at Airgas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and opportunities to apply for many new openings from within.

Cons

Some difficulities to advance within a position. The % of increases in hourly paid positions is not enough to cover cost of living.

Advice to Management

Need to be careful with close friendships with employee's on your team or group. Favoritism can cause others to be frustrated.

Good Pay, raises minimal if any, commission program always changing, insurance good but expensive,

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Airgas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Financials of the company are solid and you don't have to worry about going out of business. Overall benefits are above average but expensive. Opportunity to grow professionally but must work on own time.

Cons

No raises to keep up with inflation. Always trying to drive more money to the bottom line, even at the expense of the employee and the customer. No support from all levels of management. A lot of lip service from the top but not much to show. Always wanting more sales but unable to put the money where the mouth is. Can't sell from empty wagon.

Advice to Management

Quit changing the commission program to limit pay. Quit pushing paper around your desk to justify your existance. Work with your people and find out what they need in order to do a better job and then go get what they need. People in Radnor don't know what is needed at the branches to support customers, branch managers and sales people know. Don't dictate to them, listen to them and HELP.
    I don't ever want to hear that we work for the stock holders of the company. We work for the customer. If we take care of the customer, the stock holder will be taken care of.

There are newer employer reviews for Airgas