There are newer employer reviews for Airgas

A decent pace to work with a few challenges as most places have.

Former Employee - Tank Filler in Clarksville, IN
Former Employee - Tank Filler in Clarksville, IN

I worked at Airgas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, fair chance to advance, good benefits for a family with children. Also pretty secure company to be employed with.

Cons

Tough work, slow processing of cooperate paperwork and at times the culture can make one feel down.

Advice to Management

Become more open to hearing suggestions from employees that do the real work day in and day out.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Equality? Not here.

Former Employee - Plant Worker
    Former Employee - Plant Worker

I worked at Airgas full-time

Pros

Paycheck received. Daytime hours. Nice benefits. If you enjoy working for sneaky people that frown upon you and do not have the courtesy to speak when you speak first, this is the perfect place for you.

Cons

If you are a minority, they look down on you. I frequently caught them specifically micromanaging me and found out that they used other employees to spy on me. Although my job was to work in the plant, they made me responsible for cleaning toilets and taking out trash. This is just a job, my responsibility is to come to work, get the job done safely and efficiently; not to spend my breaks and lunches smiling in your face and singing kumbaya. However, they do NOT treat others in the same manner.

Advice to Management

Be fair, respectful and kind to ALL individuals.

No focus

I worked at Airgas

Pros

Company is cash heavy. Products are sold at excellent profit margins. Stock is climbing. Many products to offer.

Cons

Management is not focused on consistent plans. One month the focus is on one set of issues then it changes without notice. All of the work you put into the previous plan is thrown out and is not to be mentioned again. Claim to be customer focused but it is more difficult to do business since SAP was implemented. The only thing wanted is a higher stock price. Management believes stockholders are more important than customers. If this attitude were reversed then both entities would be served. Good customer service would enhance growth and higher profits. Advancement is next to impossible if you perform well. To get promoted or move into another division, your immediate supervisor must approve. Most managers do not want to lose their hardest workers. Instead a mediocre or poor performer is given opportunities so that person becomes someone else's problem.

Advice to Management

Airgas has the product line to dominate the marketplace. If they would support their customer service and sales departments by delivering products correctly and on time, customers would switch their business. Instead the accountants over analyze everything and it takes too long to react to the changing market. Promotion should be given to the best performers. Get in line with the pay at other chemical companies. Too many managers and not enough workers to serve customers.