There are newer employer reviews for Airware

Interesting product, Challenging problems, and awesome people

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airware full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Definitely one of the best job I've had yet. The company has a clear and ambitious vision that is shared across the company. Everyone here believes the potential of the work we are doing. The leadership is top-notch and has done an amazing job building the support of some of the top tech inventors.

However the best thing about the company is the people. Not only are they ridiculously smart and great to work with, but they are also fun and often spend time together outside a work context. The company regularly organizes outings and events together.

Cons

Not necessarily a con - but this is a fast paced company with ambitious goals which means everyone here works hard. Work hard, play hard.

Keep doing a great job maintaining an open forum with the employees!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Airware (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work and learn

Current Employee - Lead UI Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead UI Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airware full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Our technology stack is very broad, covering hardware and embedded software to web technology. You get to learn about a large spectrum of software and developing for mission critical applications. The company is also still relatively flat and everyone has the chance to make their mark.

We also have a great culture and there are bound to be people to hang out with outside of work if you're interested.

Cons

This isn't the best place for people who don't take initiative and find something to own. Being relatively flat means we don't have enough structured management in place to make sure everyone has growth. We're also really busy so you have to manage your time well if you want to learn outside your niche.

Not much we can do right now I think. I look forward to a time when we'll be able to explore or prototype new ideas, but right now there are too many other critical priorities to make room for that.

Exciting time at a very cool company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airware full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing team--some of the most brilliant minds in robotics and aviation, and they are fun too. I spend a lot of my weekends and evenings socializing with my coworkers by choice. The Airware team frequents Thursday night karaoke in a nearby bar and our CTO is a Big Buck Hunter pro.
    Our product is insanely exciting--flying robots. Seriously. And we have an incredibly supportive group of investors who want to make sure that we succeed.

Cons

It's a startup, so depending on what is going on in the office, you sometimes have to work some serious hours. I feel that this is mitigated by the awesome team that I work with, but not everyone might feel that way.

Enjoy the ride! :)