There are newer employer reviews for Airy Labs

Intense but rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Airy Labs

Pros

Early stage startup, tons of stuff to do
Team is really smart and I think we're doing something very worthwhile
What we're working on is very exciting and there's tons of potential for changing how kids learn, plus an enormous market for it.

Cons

It's hard work and a lot is expected out of you - you're expected to produce every day and there's pressure from the management to deliver; it's being run like a classic startup, and we're in the office for a long time every day - not much work life balance at this stage.

Keep on focusing our games on the educational mission because that's what so many of us joined for; don't lose it!

10 Other Employee Reviews for Airy Labs (View Most Recent)

Poor Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

Work with talented team with plenty of experience under their belt.
    You believe in the goals of Airy Labs in the beginning.
    Management tries to provide basic accommodations but that does not make up for poor management.
    Good office location.
    Personal chef (you pay a % of the meals) and yoga instructor.

Cons

Management is split between the CEO and his father. That is not necessarily a con however it makes communication difficult if both needs to be present. Logically speaking it is better to deal with one competent leader.
    No light at the end of the tunnel. When can schedules be scaled back to just 10 hours?
    Personal and team meetings held after normal working hours regularly.
    You feel as though you are constantly "on call". No work and personal life separation.
    You can easily become unhealthy due to lack of sleep and exercise and therefore lose motivation to continue. Burn out.
    System of nearly nightly evaluations.

Decisive leadership in business and sympathy for the human condition.
    I wish Airy Labs the best.

Everything that is wrong with Silicon Valley

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

-The team. I am honored to call my former team members my friends. Talented, witty, humble, and genuinely passionate people.
    -I learned a lot during my time there. There was always a new challenge to tackle.
    -The purported mission.
    -I think that all of the departed employees will land on their feet, and that their Airy Labs experience will have helped them get there and appreciate all of their future successes even more.

Cons

There aren't a lot more examples to give that haven't already been said. This company and its downfall represents some of the biggest problems in the tech industry today. There is too much of a focus on buzzworthy topics (e.g., "games," "education," "neuroscience") and young founders without any proof of concept or ability to lead. It's unfortunate that this drama has dragged out so long. If any investors are reading this, please listen to what we have told you.

The company is beyond repair. For your own sake, and the sake of the remaining employee(s), it's time to move on. Find what you are truly passionate about, and don't just make a money or fame grab. Stay humble.

There are newer employer reviews for Airy Labs