Airy Labs

Poor Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

Work with talented team with plenty of experience under their belt.
You believe in the goals of Airy Labs in the beginning.
Management tries to provide basic accommodations but that does not make up for poor management.
Good office location.
Personal chef (you pay a % of the meals) and yoga instructor.

Cons

Management is split between the CEO and his father. That is not necessarily a con however it makes communication difficult if both needs to be present. Logically speaking it is better to deal with one competent leader.
No light at the end of the tunnel. When can schedules be scaled back to just 10 hours?
Personal and team meetings held after normal working hours regularly.
You feel as though you are constantly "on call". No work and personal life separation.
You can easily become unhealthy due to lack of sleep and exercise and therefore lose motivation to continue. Burn out.
System of nearly nightly evaluations.

Decisive leadership in business and sympathy for the human condition.
I wish Airy Labs the best.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Airy Labs (View Most Recent)

Everything that is wrong with Silicon Valley

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

-The team. I am honored to call my former team members my friends. Talented, witty, humble, and genuinely passionate people.
    -I learned a lot during my time there. There was always a new challenge to tackle.
    -The purported mission.
    -I think that all of the departed employees will land on their feet, and that their Airy Labs experience will have helped them get there and appreciate all of their future successes even more.

Cons

There aren't a lot more examples to give that haven't already been said. This company and its downfall represents some of the biggest problems in the tech industry today. There is too much of a focus on buzzworthy topics (e.g., "games," "education," "neuroscience") and young founders without any proof of concept or ability to lead. It's unfortunate that this drama has dragged out so long. If any investors are reading this, please listen to what we have told you.

The company is beyond repair. For your own sake, and the sake of the remaining employee(s), it's time to move on. Find what you are truly passionate about, and don't just make a money or fame grab. Stay humble.

Inexperienced leadership

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

Was able to work with an extremely talented team who were all from the top of their fields.
    Was able to gain exposure to the industry and learn more about the start up world.

Cons

Management was very inexperienced and did not articulate the goals and vision of the company very well to the employees.

Extreme micromanagement and discouraged communication between teams was a detriment to productivity.

Parents involvement in management and organizational structure inhibited any work from getting done.

Figure out the company's vision, revenue structure, and competitive advantage before re-entering the industry. Allow employees to do what they do best and motivate them through inspiration rather then fear.

There are newer employer reviews for Airy Labs