Airy Labs
airylabs.com Palo Alto, CA 6 to 15 Employees

It was an experience.

Former Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Airy Labs

ProsThe magement team reminded me of my parents. They were tough, but they cared about my health and showed random bouts of affection (buying snacks, ice cream). They asked for a lot, so I was constantly focused and I think I became more diligent as a person while I was there. I definitely noticed a change in my habits - I did things as soon as I thought to do them, rather than putting them off until later.

I loved my coworkers. They're great, funny people, and are fun to hang out with.

ConsThat being said, the management were unlike parents in that they definitely didn't love us. They asked for work hours that are probably normal in the country they're from, but are not okay here. I don't think they adjusted for culture difference. That's how I'm choosing to look at it, anyway. The time and efforts they asked their employers to put in did not align with the pay they handed out (somewhat understandable as they are a young start-up) or with the appreciation they showed.

I wish they would understand that everyone who joined did so because Airy Labs holds a wonderful vision. We employees were/are there to help them work toward this vision because we believe in it too. The employees are definitely not in it for the money. Many of us sacrificed family time we can never get back to build their vision, which we made our own. The ones who couldn't take the work load left right away. It'd be nice if the ones who stayed were shown more appreciation and human kindness.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, please don't be too proud to let go some of your old school values. We want you to succeed. But we're human and we have other needs, too. Your entire life may be with the company, because your family is in it, but ours aren't. We are already dedicating an insane amount of our lives to something that, in the end, benefits you more than it does us. Please, please listen to other opinions.

worst work experience ever

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Airy Labs

Pros: smart and driven teammates who cared about each other free food… Cons: It's a sweatshop run by a family who believed in slave driving employees. The company is dying - yet the family blamed all the… Advice to Senior Management: The whole family screwed up the company and they owe an apology to all 30+… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Poor management and expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros: The idea is amazing and hearthwarming. The execution - poor.. Not surprised the company is going south~ I wish they (the management) were more open… Cons: The execution - poor - Can't expect people to renounce… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Airy Labs.

Worked for Airy Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airy Labs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Airy Labs CEO Andrew Hsu. All reviews posted anonymously by Airy Labs employees.