Airy Labs

www.airylabs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Airy Labs

Good goal, inexperienced management

I have been working at Airy Labs

Pros

Very helpful, cheerful and awesome coworkers
Educational games, way better than random mafia games
Good location
Good office space and resources
free bagels and coffee
High standards of design

Cons

low pay
poor management
art is approved by people with no/minimal background in art
90% Asians?
new hires interviewed by fresh graduates/inexperienced employees

Hire a manager who has experience managing startups

10 Other Employee Reviews for Airy Labs (View Most Recent)

It was an experience.

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

The magement team reminded me of my parents. They were tough, but they cared about my health and showed random bouts of affection (buying snacks, ice cream). They asked for a lot, so I was constantly focused and I think I became more diligent as a person while I was there. I definitely noticed a change in my habits - I did things as soon as I thought to do them, rather than putting them off until later.

I loved my coworkers. They're great, funny people, and are fun to hang out with.

Cons

That being said, the management were unlike parents in that they definitely didn't love us. They asked for work hours that are probably normal in the country they're from, but are not okay here. I don't think they adjusted for culture difference. That's how I'm choosing to look at it, anyway. The time and efforts they asked their employers to put in did not align with the pay they handed out (somewhat understandable as they are a young start-up) or with the appreciation they showed.

I wish they would understand that everyone who joined did so because Airy Labs holds a wonderful vision. We employees were/are there to help them work toward this vision because we believe in it too. The employees are definitely not in it for the money. Many of us sacrificed family time we can never get back to build their vision, which we made our own. The ones who couldn't take the work load left right away. It'd be nice if the ones who stayed were shown more appreciation and human kindness.

Please, please don't be too proud to let go some of your old school values. We want you to succeed. But we're human and we have other needs, too. Your entire life may be with the company, because your family is in it, but ours aren't. We are already dedicating an insane amount of our lives to something that, in the end, benefits you more than it does us. Please, please listen to other opinions.

worst work experience ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Airy Labs

Pros

smart and driven teammates who cared about each other
    free food for the first few months

Cons

It's a sweatshop run by a family who believed in slave driving employees.

The company is dying - yet the family blamed all the employees "hired the wrong people".

Employees should have spoken up much earlier instead of enduring all the hardship and abuse for so long.

The whole family screwed up the company and they owe an apology to all 30+ former employees. Stop blaming employees because the whole world has learned the truth by now.

There are newer employer reviews for Airy Labs