There are newer employer reviews for Airy Labs

Everything that is wrong with Silicon Valley

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

-The team. I am honored to call my former team members my friends. Talented, witty, humble, and genuinely passionate people.
-I learned a lot during my time there. There was always a new challenge to tackle.
-The purported mission.
-I think that all of the departed employees will land on their feet, and that their Airy Labs experience will have helped them get there and appreciate all of their future successes even more.

Cons

There aren't a lot more examples to give that haven't already been said. This company and its downfall represents some of the biggest problems in the tech industry today. There is too much of a focus on buzzworthy topics (e.g., "games," "education," "neuroscience") and young founders without any proof of concept or ability to lead. It's unfortunate that this drama has dragged out so long. If any investors are reading this, please listen to what we have told you.

The company is beyond repair. For your own sake, and the sake of the remaining employee(s), it's time to move on. Find what you are truly passionate about, and don't just make a money or fame grab. Stay humble.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Airy Labs (View Most Recent)

Good goal, inexperienced management

I have been working at Airy Labs

Pros

Very helpful, cheerful and awesome coworkers
    Educational games, way better than random mafia games
    Good location
    Good office space and resources
    free bagels and coffee
    High standards of design

Cons

low pay
    poor management
    art is approved by people with no/minimal background in art
    90% Asians?
    new hires interviewed by fresh graduates/inexperienced employees

Hire a manager who has experience managing startups

Inexperienced leadership

I worked at Airy Labs

Pros

Was able to work with an extremely talented team who were all from the top of their fields.
    Was able to gain exposure to the industry and learn more about the start up world.

Cons

Management was very inexperienced and did not articulate the goals and vision of the company very well to the employees.

Extreme micromanagement and discouraged communication between teams was a detriment to productivity.

Parents involvement in management and organizational structure inhibited any work from getting done.

Figure out the company's vision, revenue structure, and competitive advantage before re-entering the industry. Allow employees to do what they do best and motivate them through inspiration rather then fear.

There are newer employer reviews for Airy Labs

Worked for Airy Labs? Contribute to the Community!