There are newer employer reviews for Akal Security

Akal is a good place to work

I have been working at Akal Security

Pros

I am given respect as an individual and respect as a professional. I can reach who ever I need to at the corporate office, and they are helpful and attentive.

Cons

Contracts are all with US government, and so there is a risk of changing companies every 4-5 years

Your personnel communication is a great strength and support to the field. Do more of it

9 Other Employee Reviews for Akal Security (View Most Recent)

Loved it!

Current Employee - Division Director
    Current Employee - Division Director

I have been working at Akal Security full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are genuinely concerned about doing the right thing. They treat their employees fairly and at the same time, work to satisfy their clients. They have an employee hotline where employees can voice their concerns and it goes directly to the top. They have a management team named "Paying People Properly" because they are concerned with getting payroll issues fixed ASAP.

Cons

Like any government contract security company, they are restricted by trying to find a balance between winning the contract with a competitive price, and providing good service for that price.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Good pay Crap company

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Guard  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Akal Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay. Made more work for them then any other security job. They also has alot of overtime so pay wasn't a problem.

Cons

TO MUCH MANDATORY OVERTIME. Supervisors treat you like crap. Always looking for a reason to fire you. Not a good company.

Do not fire someone who had a LITTLE car accident after you made that person work 3 overtime shifts in 1 week.

There are newer employer reviews for Akal Security

Worked for Akal Security? Contribute to the Community!