Akamai
www.akamai.com Cambridge, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Big changes coming, time to get on (or off) the bus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Akamai

ProsGood work/life balance, good benefits, people are friendly for the most part.

ConsThe company is full of potential - that's the blessing and the curse. You end up staying longer than you should because the vision of where the company CAN go is so compelling. Unfortunately, Akamai is run far too conservatively and focuses much too much on quarterly performance. It needs innovation but fosters a safe, risk-averse approach that is doing it more harm than good at this point. Half of the management director level and above probably needs to be shown the door. Morale is pretty low, many people coast at this job ... look how many people in the New York office are looking at Facebook or altogether not there over the summer months.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to innovate you can't have the same senior management running things. Anyone involved in running product or engineering over the last few years - those tasked with MAKING things - should be shown the door.

ALL of my colleagues are a combination of scary smart + super nice + extremely competent.

Reston, VA

I have been working at Akamai

Pros: 1. Employees are empowered to act and interact freely across the company and at all levels to get the job done; 2. Akamai employees represent a… Cons: If you are someone who thrives in a well-structured, unambiguous… Advice to Senior Management: Generally senior management is doing a good job of balancing the needs and demands… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Love it.

Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai

Pros: Job satisfaction, team members, company great Cons: Payis low and it is a fight to get a… More

There are newer reviews on Akamai.

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!

Akamai – Why Work for Us?

At Akamai, "Faster Forward" is how we approach everything we do, every challenge we undertake, each problem we tackle. Most of all, it's how we approach our careers, and our culture. Founded in the lecture halls and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Akamai reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Akamai CEO Tom Leighton. All reviews posted anonymously by Akamai employees.