Akamai

www.akamai.com
There are newer employer reviews for Akamai

Work is fun at Akamai

I have been working at Akamai full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome culture, highly motivated working individuals, camaraderie and friendly management

Cons

work life balance goes for toss, odd work hours, not the usual software development environment

318 Other Employee Reviews for Akamai (View Most Recent)

A great place to work.

Former Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Akamai full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Akamai straight out of college in their streaming team. My interests are networks and systems, and at Akamai I got to work on Streaming protocols and systems. Akamai is a brilliant company technologically and therefore, a heaven for those who love technology, networks in particular.

One of the things that I appreciate as a developer here is the amount of time it takes to the code to hit production is very small. The fact that my code is sitting in production and impacting people is gratifying.

Cons

Akamai systems are interdependent and therefore, if one really wants to start making technical contributions, it involves understand a lot of components. I remember when I started, I took at least 2 months to get the hang of a lot of things.

Learn to keep the good and experienced people in the team from leaving Akamai.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Product Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Akamai full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of learning. Niche technology. Leaders in the CDN space. Great perks and know how to pamper their employees. IF you are ready to bend your back, there are numerous opportunities available.

Cons

Management in India has almost no say in decisions. US culture very evident which can make or break your career. Need to really slog it out if you need to keep your job. Training new employees and guiding them in adapting to the work culture will help in retaining potential high performers.

Better management decisions and a clearer career path, timely feedbacks help a lot.

There are newer employer reviews for Akamai