Akamai

www.akamai.com
  www.akamai.com
There are newer employer reviews for Akamai

Innovation returned after several years of status quo

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Akamai is in a better position than ever to tackle some very interesting and challenging problems in the next few years. There is a renewed sense of innovation in the Engineering organization and hiring has significantly increased and improved in quality recently compared to several years ago.

Cons

Akamai has yet to get to an enterprise level of business & technical process which is relatively unusual for a company of this age. This goes both ways but is mostly negative. It certainly makes ramp up time for new employees longer than typical and can be an unnecessary drag on existing employees.

Invest in on-boarding new employees, particularly in the engineering disciplines. More technical and management training for all.

305 Other Employee Reviews for Akamai (View Most Recent)

Pioneering the Internet Age

Current Employee - Sales/Services/Marketing in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales/Services/Marketing in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Akamai's services just plain work and provide great value to customers and partners. Everyone that works here is extremely intelligent, competitive and honest. The culture here is inspiring.

Cons

Life/work balance is a bit off. There just isn't enough time in the day/week to get everything done! Internal processes need improvement/streamlining.

We've scaled the internet now we need to scale our business processes.

My fast paced career at Akamai has given me insight into the cutting edge technology that makes the Internet work.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. There are new, fun projects every day, and no two days are the same. It is extremely satisfying to work on projects that reach millions of people every day.

Cons

There is so much work to be done that it's hard to fit it all into normal business hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Akamai