Akamai

www.akamai.com

Innovation returned after several years of status quo

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsAkamai is in a better position than ever to tackle some very interesting and challenging problems in the next few years. There is a renewed sense of innovation in the Engineering organization and hiring has significantly increased and improved in quality recently compared to several years ago.

ConsAkamai has yet to get to an enterprise level of business & technical process which is relatively unusual for a company of this age. This goes both ways but is mostly negative. It certainly makes ramp up time for new employees longer than typical and can be an unnecessary drag on existing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in on-boarding new employees, particularly in the engineering disciplines. More technical and management training for all.

Pioneering the Internet Age

Sales/Services/Marketing (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Akamai's services just plain work and provide great value to customers and partners. Everyone… Cons: Life/work balance is a bit off. There just isn't enough time… Advice to Senior Management: We've scaled the internet now we need to scale our… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My fast paced career at Akamai has given me insight into the cutting edge technology that makes the Internet work.

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great compensation and benefits. There are new, fun projects every day, and no two days are… Cons: There is so much work to be done that it's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Akamai.

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!