There are newer employer reviews for Akamai

Innovation returned after several years of status quo

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Akamai is in a better position than ever to tackle some very interesting and challenging problems in the next few years. There is a renewed sense of innovation in the Engineering organization and hiring has significantly increased and improved in quality recently compared to several years ago.

Cons

Akamai has yet to get to an enterprise level of business & technical process which is relatively unusual for a company of this age. This goes both ways but is mostly negative. It certainly makes ramp up time for new employees longer than typical and can be an unnecessary drag on existing employees.

Advice to Management

Invest in on-boarding new employees, particularly in the engineering disciplines. More technical and management training for all.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. My company was purchased by Akamai

Former Employee - Audio Production in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Audio Production in Denver, CO

I worked at Akamai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During the initial acquisition period they were willing & ready to hear all about the operations and day to day events. We were greeted warmly by a group of people who came in to assure everyone of job stability & future goals.

Cons

There was little to no feed back from Akamai about any employee concerns, regarding any possible changes that were going to directly effect us. It felt like the time we spent communicating what we felt were problems with day to day operations were ignored.

Advice to Management

To make sure that management teams are following up with employee input. If there are personal situations that require more in depth discovery make sure that immediate management is aware of any potential conflicts.

2. My fast paced career at Akamai has given me insight into the cutting edge technology that makes the Internet work.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. There are new, fun projects every day, and no two days are the same. It is extremely satisfying to work on projects that reach millions of people every day.

Cons

There is so much work to be done that it's hard to fit it all into normal business hours.