Akamai

www.akamai.com
There are newer employer reviews for Akamai

My company was purchased by Akamai

Former Employee - Audio Production in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Audio Production in Denver, CO

I worked at Akamai full-time (more than a year)

Pros

During the initial acquisition period they were willing & ready to hear all about the operations and day to day events. We were greeted warmly by a group of people who came in to assure everyone of job stability & future goals.

Cons

There was little to no feed back from Akamai about any employee concerns, regarding any possible changes that were going to directly effect us. It felt like the time we spent communicating what we felt were problems with day to day operations were ignored.

To make sure that management teams are following up with employee input. If there are personal situations that require more in depth discovery make sure that immediate management is aware of any potential conflicts.

323 Other Employee Reviews for Akamai (View Most Recent)

Innovation returned after several years of status quo

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Akamai is in a better position than ever to tackle some very interesting and challenging problems in the next few years. There is a renewed sense of innovation in the Engineering organization and hiring has significantly increased and improved in quality recently compared to several years ago.

Cons

Akamai has yet to get to an enterprise level of business & technical process which is relatively unusual for a company of this age. This goes both ways but is mostly negative. It certainly makes ramp up time for new employees longer than typical and can be an unnecessary drag on existing employees.

Invest in on-boarding new employees, particularly in the engineering disciplines. More technical and management training for all.

Pioneering the Internet Age

Current Employee - Sales/Services/Marketing in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales/Services/Marketing in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Akamai's services just plain work and provide great value to customers and partners. Everyone that works here is extremely intelligent, competitive and honest. The culture here is inspiring.

Cons

Life/work balance is a bit off. There just isn't enough time in the day/week to get everything done! Internal processes need improvement/streamlining.

We've scaled the internet now we need to scale our business processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Akamai