There are newer employer reviews for Akamai

Awesome company to be part of.. values YOU more than anybody else

Current Employee - Incident Specialist in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Incident Specialist in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Akamai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life is very well balanced and nicely organized here in Akamai. I just joined and have already started feeling the positive vibes.. The employers make you feel very VALUABLE and respect YOU for who you are. This was my dream company and I'm living & loving my DREAM.. Thank You Akamai...

Cons

I have recently joined and have found nothing to complain about. I've my friends working there since 4+ years and I can see the satisfaction they have with Life. Life is too short to go behind the CONS.. and the more we think about them; the more we will ATTRACT them into our lives.

Advice to Management

Thank you for keeping it so very TRANSPARENT. Awesome management that I have ever witnessed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awesome company to work for,just not the Bangalore office.

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Akamai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-> Smart and intelligent people. Cannot stress more about it, amazed at how much you can learn everyday. -> Great technologies and industry exposure -> Complete independence and ownership of work.

Cons

-> India is still primarily looked as a center to get work done at low cost to company and not as a center of excellence though they are a lot of brilliant individuals here equally good as their foriegn counterparts. -> India HR policies and rest of the world policies are very different and attempt to highlight this is always greeted with the standard response of "India policy is inline with present Industry standards in India" -> Very low visibility atleast as part of the Professional Services team at Bangalore. Hardly any Rewards and Recognition compared to rest of the world. -> Primarily a Sales driven organization. If you want to make a lot of money and get frequent rewards you have to be in Sales! -> Getting a promotion might not always be about your work. Sometimes you need to have a good relationship with the right people.

Advice to Management

1. Akamai is now a global company. Act like one with internal stakeholders as well, the world does not revolve around North America! 2. Sales is just another organization within the company. Agree sales gets the revenue in but every other organization is just as equal a contributor to Akamai's success. 3. India Management really needs a change of guard, a strong charismatic visionary leadership.

2. Good culture, can scale faster with higher involvement of new employees

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Akamai full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture Good benefits Good Sr. Mgmt

Cons

Involvement of India could be more

Advice to Management

Scale the team to the next level, break the old boys club