Chaos

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros

Good place for junior / newly educated as they are taught well here. Also easier to get in with less education than many companies.

Cons

A lot of turf war has bad impact on morale, projects and execution. No customer focus. High turn-over. Company always changing. Ethics so-so. Too many cowboys.

Advice to Management

The basics of the company ain't working, and reorganizing isn't going to solve it. Management needs to sort out quality at top and mid-level first, and stop turf wars.

reviews filtered by

Good but watch out if they try to hire you as a contractor, it's a warning they might not keep you

Current Employee - Would Rather Not Say in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Would Rather Not Say in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros

Pay is excellent to start with, very competitive. Recruiters and most people at the company are friendly, everyone works flex hours

Cons

The company spent over 1 month interviewing and aggressively recruiting me because of my qualifications. Turns out I was overqualified for the position. Stayed 2 months before being laid off due to lack of work even though I was told how busy they were at the time I was hired. No complaints from anyone about my job performance since I was never trained for the job - they had me opening mail and filing the entire time instead of what I was hired for. Waste of 2 months for a job I can't even list on my resume. Pay raises for office staff are barely 3% and that's if you're lucky.

Advice to Management

Get some managers with spines, most that I saw were controlled by their senior staff. Need better communication with staff. Stop having so many meetings! Never sure exactly what they are trying to tell employees during these meetings, they seem to be a way to waste time.

Weak player in E & C

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros

Small office in Houston..is that a pro?

Cons

Very weak market positions. SInce 2006 when there was about 500+ employess at Briarpark in Houston now there is around 190.
    Poor management team, especially the current Houston president, who was once a piper. Very obnoxious and rude to employees during meetings when they ask questions.
    Stay away........morale is low and unlikley to improve any time soon. Not competitive in pay scale either.

Advice to Management

Address the current situation with the president, and dismiss him ASAP. Need to recruit someone with better savvy and market knowledge, instead of laying off people to keep afloat while the "president" commutes to West Virginia on weekends on the company dime.