Aker Solutions
www.akersolutions.com Lysaker, Norway 50 to 149 Employees

Chaos

Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsGood place for junior / newly educated as they are taught well here. Also easier to get in with less education than many companies.

ConsA lot of turf war has bad impact on morale, projects and execution. No customer focus. High turn-over. Company always changing. Ethics so-so. Too many cowboys.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe basics of the company ain't working, and reorganizing isn't going to solve it. Management needs to sort out quality at top and mid-level first, and stop turf wars.

Good but watch out if they try to hire you as a contractor, it's a warning they might not keep you

Would Rather Not Say (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros: Pay is excellent to start with, very competitive. Recruiters and… Cons: The company spent over 1 month interviewing and aggressively recruiting me because of my qualifications. Turns out I was overqualified for the position. … Advice to Senior Management: Get some managers with spines, most that I saw were controlled by their senior staff. Need better communication with staff. Stop having so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Weak player in E & C

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros: Small office in Houston..is that a pro? Cons: Very weak market positions. SInce 2006 when there was about 500+ employess at Briarpark in Houston now there is around 190. Poor management team, especially… Advice to Senior Management: Address the current situation with the president, and dismiss him ASAP. Need to recruit someone with better savvy and market knowledge,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aker Solutions.

Worked for Aker Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aker Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aker Solutions CEO √ėyvind Eriksen. All reviews posted anonymously by Aker Solutions employees.